"I capped all my Dual Pistols" <-Noob

I understand that signatures are limited to reduce bandwidth usage, but it is very hard to make a Photoshop signature (Even 310x100) and make it under 35kb without making it extremely blurry and unreadable... I just spent a short while trying my hardest to lower the quality and even shrink a signature I just made, and after putting it at 0/12 quality and shrinking it to 85% normal size, it's STILL barely underneath the 35kb limit. Is it too much to ask for the limit to be slightly higher, maybe 50kb? I'd appreciate it very much, and I think the other Photoshop-enthusiasts of the site would too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-10 00:21 ]</font>

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2007-08-10 00:15, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
    I understand that signatures are limited to reduce bandwidth usage,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-10 00:21 ]</font>
    You just answered your own question with that. They aren't going to change it any time soon. Too many users are registered here and some don't have the best connections. Even 50 KB can make it hard when some people make image threads of more than 1 meg in size on bad connections.

But since you asked, why not continue the age old PSOW request for custom avatars too? Same outsome will happen.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I don't want custom avatars, nor do I expect to have them ever.

I know of all the requests that have been made and failed, but I'm trying for a good cause, and I'll never know until I ask.

Depending on the sig, I've actually found it extremely easy to help others reduce their sig to a size that is within the forum limitation rules without any noticeable visual difference. Take your sig for instance, I was easily able to reduce it to under 10KB without it suffering from any visual issues. That's less than a 1/3 of what yours is. If you need help, feel free to ask me and I'd be glad to help you with it.

ORIGINAL: 34.1 KB

REDUCED: 9.26 KB

REDUCED & TOUCHED UP: 8.88 KB (Made colors brighter.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-08-10 09:18 ]</font>

On 2007-08-10 00:15, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
    I understand that signatures are limited to reduce bandwidth usage, but it is very hard to make a Photoshop signature (Even 310x100) and make it under 35kb without making it extremely blurry and unreadable... I just spent a short while trying my hardest to lower the quality and even shrink a signature I just made, and after putting it at 0/12 quality and shrinking it to 85% normal size, it's STILL barely underneath the 35kb limit. Is it too much to ask for the limit to be slightly higher, maybe 50kb? I'd appreciate it very much, and I think the other Photoshop-enthusiasts of the site would too.
    This is complete bunk, let me assure you.
    If you're having a difficult time--no, in any situation calling for a png, jpg, or gif file--use Save for Web to preview and best optimize the file. Also, depending on the image, jpg (which I see you're using) may not be the most appropriate or efficient format. Using Save for Web will allow you to tweak file size and image quality quickly and more knowledgably.

Well, I didn't know that. Thanks! Does Photoshop have this functionality?

The Save for Web (or Save for Web & Devices if using Photoshop CS3) is indeed for Photoshop. It is listed under FILE.

On 2007-08-10 16:02, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
    Well, I didn't know that. Thanks! Does Photoshop have this functionality?
    Astuarlen and VioletSkye were referring to Photoshop when making their recommendations.

Allright, sorry I was a bit ignorant. I just reduced a filesize from 75kb to 18kb using their method and the quality reduction is barely noticable. The way I was doing it before just made it blurry. I guess the reason my filesizes can be large is because there are so many different colors in use.