Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSO 2 on PS2

Don't you think PSO 2 would be great on the PS2?
    You know, the PS2 have a lot more power than the dreamcast so you can have lots of enemies and players (8+ hum) on screen.
    As the PS2 console number rises every day , a very big online RPG community will exist.

I WANT FFXI WITH A SUMMONER CLASS AS OPTION FOR THE CARACTER!!!!!!.... sorry

Technically speaking yes the PS 2 is more powerful but the DC's graphics are better becase of better anit-aliasing. PSO 2 will be on the DC though. I would rather see Phantasy Star move to the Game Cube. The DC could handle all this stuff that we all keep yelling about but Sega was in a hurry to put the game out, so it's possible that some of that stuff might end up in PSO 2. I hope so!!! More levels and an ending please!

If you see the 92 mb Metal Gear 2 demo you'll understand what I mean.....

I've been bouncing this thought around in my head mainly because I think the dual shock is a superior controller (especially for how dynamic the controls are for PSO) However, the only real obsticle would be the fact that there isn't a modem packed in with the PS2. This makes PSO2 more suited for DC imo.

I think the 4 player limit has more to do with the 56k modem then it does with the power od the DC.

honestly I think that PSO2 would work better on the Xbox... The hard drive would allow the downloading of patches to stop cheaters adn the like, not to mention would have much more reliable character saves.
    MBlaster

I agree woth you totally MB. In my mind, the X-Box looks to be the next best console for the avid Sega gamer. Believe me when I say, I am NO Sony hater. I have a ton of stuff for my PS1. However, Sony really screwed the pooch with the PS2 in my opinion. In my mind, it all comes down to RAM and the PS2 doesn't have NEARLY enough. The X-Box has a ton, plus the fact that the hard drive will allow nearly instant access to even more data.

The 'Cube looks promising, but suffice it to say, I hope Sega gets their deal inked with Microsoft soon. The X-box looks to be put together in the best way possible for game developers get the GAME done the way they want instead of wasting their time trying to figure out how to get something done through some kind of memory management technique.

I usually buy the latest everything, but have thus far totally skipped on the PS2. There just isn't anything on it yet that seems good enough to warrant purchase.

As for PSO2 on the DC, sounds GREAT to me. For my money, there wouldn't even have to be improvements in the graphics one little bit (with the possible exception of more diverse character design). PSO as it is, is a BEAUTIFUL game. If we get the stuff we want (trade mngmnt, more levels, more char choices, more engrossing story,etc...), make it DC all the way.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: RyoGeo on 2001-02-26 13:14 ]</font>

PSU X360 Warrior

Id have to say Xbox also. I think it will be on DC though.

I'd like to see PSO-2 for the X-Box. Built in hard drive, internet capability, easier to program, etc.. It just makes more sense.

Besides that, how you do a game like PSO-2 with only 4MB of video ram? I believe Dreamcast has 7MB of usable texture space while the PS2 only has 3MB. Hahah that would be so UGLY!!

You have crystalized me thoughts eloquently, Jaiden. You can have all the processor power you want (and the Emotion engine is quite a powerful chip), but without the RAM to back it up, you may as well be playing a Gameboy title. Ok, a little over the top, but any one of the coming next gen machines (including DC) can/will handle both 2d and texture mapping infinitely better than the PS2. I say that with disappointment as well, as I would have gladly purchased a PS2 had the right titles and capabilities been there. As it is, I am still playing the, "show me something worthwhile,' waiting game.