Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

i have a few question about the video capture card.

how much does a pso photographer cost?
    whats the best place (offline) to buy a VCC?
    whats the lowest price?
    how many photographers are there?
    how does a vcc work?
    can you really see tv on your VCC?

Yanno I've been looking into it, I came to a few conclusions when looking around. First, there's tons and tons of junk in the VCC world. Second: Each one varries greatly and there's a billion manufactures. Upon searching I was lucky enough to find a page full of reviews from product buyers and it looks like this card is pretty good:

http://www.winnov.com/products/captu...um1000plus.htm

But it's sadly a bit pricey. I really didn't take to long to really shop around for the cards, though, as I really couldn't find a good list of current prices.

PSO Assassin

Thanx im looking for a person that also is a PSO photographer ( has a VCC.) i might be getting a VCC for my b-day (Feb 2) but im also getting zelda: the wind waker so its a 50/50 chance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mello on 2002-12-26 16:09 ]</font>

http://www.pso-dynasty.8m.net/ warning pop-ups

Talk to that person for sure, Slym is the best pso photographer.

Don't judge PSO or capture cards by my signature, mine is just NTSC composite (video in) and is built into my motherboard.

Yes its worth it, people like to have their picture taken and if you have a website they can download it or you can just mail it to them.

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

Hmm. I bought one, but make sure your computer can handle it, and it's a well known, good brand. (in other words, do NOT get a Pinnacle one, like I did)

I hate mine. I can't switch between windows, or I get a horrible delay (I press on the control stick, and 3 seconds later my character moves) which is fixable by a couple mouse clicks, yet annoying. Sure, it's nice to take photographs and the like.

But in reality, even if I do have a flat screened monitor and an S-video connection, I rather use my TV that has Component, even if I can't take nifty snapshots.

Here are some screenies I've taken.

I haven't bothered to take any videos.

I got a cheap card (It's made by Kworld if I'm not mistaken... cost me around $40), but it works very well. In some cases, it's the software's fault if the screencaps suck. I ditched the crappy software that came with my card and downloaded DScaler, which is great freeware that really improves the output. Then I use Photoshop to convert the .tiff images to JPEG, and deinterlace/crop if I need to. Click on my avatar to see the results. It's not the best I've seen, but it's not bad, either.

Dryma im sorry but slym has some pretty week pics if u ask me. I personally suggest if u going to go all out get an ATI all In Wonder capture card. it's fantastic videocard as well. Aside from that...perhaps just get a cheap 40 capture card from bestbuy. there are great external ones.

Can someone recommend one or two good stand alone PCI capture cards? I'm pretty interested in getting one now, but it'd have to be stand alone rather than an AGP video card/capture card combo such as the AAW cards, since I've already bought 2 video cards in the past 6 months and really don't wanna get another one (which would have to be the 9700 AAW, ouch).
    I've been searching for a good hour now at various sites, and it's givin' me a headache. >_< Everywhere I go I find all kinds of DV editting crap, but very few if any capture cards.
    Basically what I'm looking for is: A PCI capture card with composite and s-video inputs, preferably one that captures audio as well but that's not crucial.
    Oh yeah, the cheaper the better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CajunSamurai on 2002-12-28 03:56 ]</font>

Rappy Hunter

Im after a cheap capture card myself?
    Anyone know where i can get one for about £50?
    lol (pm me)

PSO Assassin

on boxing day i went to future shop and their cheapest ones were 100$ (i live in canada) they only had the most costly one left. i looked at the box and it came with these features
    -lets you take pics in games (duh)
    -lets you make movies and edit them
    -lets you watch T.V. and take pic of shows .
    -it wasc 240$ (Can)