Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

To help the economy, I am going to try to create an NPC priced shop.

The long explanation is this:

Some time next week, I will try to create an alt with a shop named "The NPC Price Fairy". I will then buy full stacks of commonly overpriced items from the NPC shops and place them in this shop at NPC price.

I do not want these items bought. If bought, I will restock them using the NPC shops. This shop will not make me any meseta. In fact, any restocking will cost me time. What this shop would do is show other players the NPC prices of items. As long as this shop stays stocked, and shows up on shop searches, overpriced items will stop being bought.

That is what I'm planning to try. Before I try this, I would like to hear some opinions on this plan.

It won't stop overpricing, I'll be honest with you. As long as people think they can actually get 50k per Elemental Photon, they will continue to try and screw over everyone else. Not saying your idea doesn't have merit or isn't worth a shot, but it won't change much the way I see it. Some people, in my experience, are selfish/uninformed and most enjoy living under this blanket of ignorance just fine. No incentive for them to come out from under it.

"I capped all my Dual Pistols" <-Noob

This is a pretty good idea, be sure to include in the shop ad about how cheap the NPC prices are (at least compared to overpriced items) this way they finally realize their mistake.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/

I doubt your efforts will cause any fruit. You are simply one shop in thousands. With the way the shop function works at the moment, your voice will be overpowered by the common player. What needs to be changed is not the player mentality, but rather the way shopping works. Once this is changed, other changes will follow.

Its a noble idea but i'm not sure how well it will work. You may change a few but not the whole system. I think the won't change till aoi shop search engine. The only flaw i see is people not caring or not ready your shop discription and buying the items regardless. With only way to prevent is to overprice the item but still show actually price.

Like par ebon for example isi 4000 but have it 900004000 to show the price but preventing people from buying it. But that contradict the purpose in a sense. With whataever route you go Zel I hope it works.

How are you going to ensure the shop will appear not only in every search, but also pretty much at the top? These two conditions will need to be met in order for the shop to actually work as intended.

On 2007-08-22 20:29, Zorafim wrote:
    You are simply one shop in thousands. With the way the shop function works at the moment, your voice will be overpowered by the common player.
    Hopefully, I can lead by example. I'm gonna try to convince other people to help. AoI should fix how shop searches work.

On 2007-08-22 20:29, Skids wrote:
    You may change a few but not the whole system. I think the won't change till aoi shop search engine. The only flaw i see is people not caring or not ready your shop description and buying the items regardless.
    I'm not too worried about the items getting bought. I can check and restock the shop twice a day. If someone buys 99 par ebon for 4k each, then that's just more meseta turned into synth mats.

when AoI price searcg system come, I m sure everything will be fine

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

You wouldn't have to worry about this once comes AoI, but it's a fair idea.

On 2007-08-22 20:55, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
    You wouldn't have to worry about this once comes AoI
    I keep hearing people say that, but I don't see it happening.

Take Ortaresin as an example. If you search on ortaresin in player shops, you may find 10 shops selling it and all 10 of them selling it for over NPC. How is a price search going to fix that? If all 10 shops are over NPC, most people will just buy from the cheapest shop in the list. Say, the guy selling the ortaresin for 8000 meseta instead of 10000 meseta.

People are still getting ripped off, just ripped off for 500 meseta instead of 2500 meseta.

Also price search makes it easier for price fixing items that aren't in NPC shop. "Oh, I want to sell my rappy feathers for 50k, but I see this shop has them up for 5k. I'll buy all of his 5k feathers and sell his and mine for 50k."

Horray for price fixing!!! Ray photons for 10k each on the Xbox servers is great. Now we will match up with the PC servers.