Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

After seeing the FOnewearl outfit and hairstyle in AoI, now I want a female techer. But the thing is I have a lv50 Male newman and I feel like it would be kind of a waste to let him rot.

Is there any other class he would be good at?

Newmans make decent WTs, GTs, and even fGs. Not excellent, but certainly decent.

Oh, and there's always AT in AoI.

Guntecher and maybe Wartecher. A Newman Guntecher's TP is actually useful and you have the 2nd best ATA in the game, to boot.

Or if you want to just have fun, Fortefighter.

Yeah, Newmans can do good at Wartecher, Acrotecher, and Acrofighter and maybe Guntecher. They're also reasonably good as Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Protranser, and Fighgunner as well. They're much better at these jobs than a CAST or a Beast will ever be as Fortetecher. Newmans are really under rated in this game, but they're not as bad with their ATP as many would think.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Hugh doesn't suck. Nyah.

Cherry has shown that a Beast Fortefighter using RBZ does approximately 50% more damage than an equivalent Newman. I'd consider that pretty damning to the Newman, personally. Particularly since they have ~600 less HP to boot.

It should be important to note that a Newman has two significant advantages when it is not Fortetecher: ATA and TP. The latter is only possibly useful when Guntecher or Wartecher, and only then for Resta. So it's a question of HP, DFP and ATP versus ATA.

I honestly don't see how people would think "Newman make it okay outside of FT" considering they are almost unquestionably the worst Fortefighters, Fortegunners, Protransers and Fighgunners. As Guntecher they're still giving up a lot for a minor boost to Resta capability (particularly since even Beast Guntecher have strong ATA, so their advantages to the type are strictly the TP) and as Wartecher... well, I would hope that everyone knows by now that Wartecher is all about the melee and not the attack TECHNICs.

There is the question of MST that people will bring up, so let's remove that from the equation early. At FF, FI, FG and PT, a type level of 10 yields a 50% MST modifier. This means that the base MST difference between a Newman and an equivalent CAST is about 75 - a damage difference of just 15. Now I'd take the CAST's HP over a difference that small. And it's a similar case for Guntecher, and even for Wartecher I'd stick with a high-HP-low-MST race.

So ultimately it is all down to whether you'd take an often-pointless ATA boost and a nearly insignificant TP increase over, well, everything else.

They rock as Fortefighters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-08-26 19:26 ]</font>

On 2007-08-26 19:22, Mikaga wrote:
    I would hope that everyone knows by now that Wartecher is all about the melee and not the attack TECHNICs.
    Careful, Mira. By last tally, over half of PSOW still hasn't figured this out.

You can do whatever the heck you want. That's the whole purpose of giving you the option to switch types at any time.

On 2007-08-26 19:27, HFlowen wrote:
    You can do whatever the heck you want. That's the whole purpose of giving you the option to switch types at any time.
    Absolutely.

Except, they shot themselves in the foot with the PA limit, though they're fixing that in AoI.

Crimson Butterfly

What he said

and a newmans ATP is close to a Humans ATP

Not that a big deal

hehe

Just like a Cast can be a good FT lol ~points at Deja