Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: region free?

i was wondering if there was any way i could make the dvd drive on my computer region free?

Indeed there is.

There are only two ways to remove the annoying region protection on your drives that I know of:

1) Flashing your drives firmware and applying new firmware. This one is a bit dangerous and can really mess things up if you do it wrong.

2) Using a region free software like DVD Ghost. It's a lot safer and allows you to play other region DVDs without problems, but it isn't free, so how you obtain it is entirely up to you <_<

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/articles/H...e_region_free/

or you could buy one of the numerous software products online.

i figured that it wouldn't be free, but i would like a point in the right direction of a good one XD that and would i be able to play any region game too?

On 2007-08-26 21:25, iamgir42 wrote:
    i figured that it wouldn't be free, but i would like a point in the right direction of a good one XD that and would i be able to play any region game too?
    Well I personally use DVD Ghost and it works just fine for me. Also, I thought you could install games from any region on a PC. Maybe I'm mistaken.

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

i have no clue XP i'm just thinking about playing games on my computer and have no clue about any of it lol

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

AFAIK, most games aren't region coded for PC. I think that's more of a console phenomenon. Movies are really where region coding becomes an issue.

ahhhhh ok. i've always played consoles pretty much, so this is a new thing to me XD

Hm. Regarding region coding for PC games.

I have a copy of Ys Origin, and the Oath in Felghana, and they're both Japanese DVDs. I just change the language of Windows to Japanese, restart, and it allows me to install/play.

I'm pretty sure regions don't affect PC games. Either that, or Falcom is cool like that.

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

The regoin locking on console games have more to do with the TV sets being NTSC and PAL, so I doubt there's any need for it with computers.
    My better is better than your better.