Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Splendor Crush

hell ypu can use it oon bel pannons if you want, it doesn't matter how fast they move, the problem is it kicks things up too high for the last attack to get all its hits in.

Splendor Crush is too weak for a Twin Saber PA imo (155% att mod vs. 180/185% of RC/AS), you can spam Rising Crush's Combo 1 > Combo 2 to get the same result with better damage and actually have some mob control (which would only be a problem on the fat enemies that roll when you knock em over but I wouldn't get SC over RC/AS just for them..).

The whole time I was leveling it felt like I downgraded my class because of how weak it was (maybe Rising and Assault Crush are just too strong...).
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

On 2007-08-27 22:40, NIloklives wrote:

and just to illustrate further. Ein uses traps way more than most people would ever dare because of the costs. so while he can spam ice traps to keep enemies pinned, most won't and you shouldn't have to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-08-27 22:43 ]</font>
    On 2007-08-27 21:47, Icespike wrote:
    While some people frown upon trap combo methods,it is an option if you have the money and time to do so.
    Of course...you can just use rising or Assualt without the trap.
    It's not like I didn't already state that. At the risk of sounding like an ass,it's just lovely when people repeat what you say just despite you.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

I find Splendor to be quite useful. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I notice I don't get staggered of it mid-way as much, as if I were to use... oh say, Renkai, which seems more easily to get staggered out of.

I have all skills in the game at 30, and I can say Splendor Crush is, after Bogga Danga, the most useless and inefficient skill in the game.

And for twin sabers:
    Assault Crush > Rising Crush >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splendor Crush

Assault Crush is better for several reasons:
    -very high DPS, comparable to Dus Daggas, Tornado Dance and Anga Redda
    -no knockback move
    -all moves stun, it is very hard to get canceled out of this PA
    -good on any sort of monster, even bosses

Splendor Crush is one of the easiest PAs to cancel for monsters, using Splendor Crush on monsters with moves that can interrupt you is like begging to be knocked off your PA. Using it on small monsters fails because the knockback moves at the end will only hit them for 20-30% damage.
    And the low DPS makes it fail when used on big monsters or bosses.
    Despite the impressive visual aspect of the final part of the Splendor Crush combo, it has a lower DPS than both other PAs when used on any variety of monster, even bosses with all their target boxes.

So... lower DPS, huge vulnerability frame, inefficient versus any type of monster, and very high PP cost.
    Splendor Crush is a really useless PA.

--Terra, not manly.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

To be honest, I was mostly waiting for a Kef post

Well, atleast I like my flashy PA. If it's useless, it's useless on my useless female newman fighgunner, so she's used to being useless

I did that at first. I mean, I got a fragment PA to level 30, I thought I could not stand not to use it. But after like two weeks of using Splendor Crush 30, I changed back to Assault Crush and never touched Splendor Crush again =/

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

You made a female newman fighgunner first?

>_>
    <_<

On 2007-08-28 02:18, Icespike wrote:
    On 2007-08-27 22:40, NIloklives wrote:

and just to illustrate further. Ein uses traps way more than most people would ever dare because of the costs. so while he can spam ice traps to keep enemies pinned, most won't and you shouldn't have to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-08-27 22:43 ]</font>
    On 2007-08-27 21:47, Icespike wrote:
    While some people frown upon trap combo methods,it is an option if you have the money and time to do so.
    Of course...you can just use rising or Assualt without the trap.
    It's not like I didn't already state that. At the risk of sounding like an ass,it's just lovely when people repeat what you say just despite you.
    sorry, didn't mean it that way...i was just reiterating. some people read post by post and end up finding a lot of this stuff contradictory...so i just summed it up and shared my thoughts on that subject...it wasn't meant as a slight against you.