Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On 2007-08-28 09:43, amtalx wrote:
    Indeed, I was talking about Zagenga too. Beast fG just barely break 600 damage with Yak Zagenga 30, Shifta 21+, 1 Hp, Zalure 21+, grinded Cugo Mamabas, and SPS. There is no way a FG will get to 700 considering they will have the same Bullet level (30 in AoI) and FG's ATP mod is only 8% higher than fG.
    you also forget by then the level cap will be at least 100, and the bigger the levels, the higher the stats, and the more that 8% actually equals.

THE JACKEL

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Very true, fG will still deal more damage though.

All that being said, who knows what ST is going to do with the class mods when the cap gets increased. I believe they've said 20, but I see 30 floating around too. I think they have a lot of re-balancing to do with all the new features.

The main advantage to crossbows over machineguns for Fighgunner is that they don’t cancel all PP regen. If you carry a single dagger and a crossbow, you won’t run out of PP, even on the most difficult runs. SE wise, they have the same level and firing rate as twin handguns right now, with the advantage that they only take up one hand and deal higher damage, but have accuracy that makes machineguns look great on Beasts.

As far as damage, though, machineguns are far more accurate and deal much more damage, but they are almost useless for SEs and tend to lag regen for both weapons.

And, yeah, even though crossbows have the SE 3 advantage in AoI, don’t forget that machineguns get the most overpowered growth of any gun from 21-30: an extra 15% ATP and 10% accuracy, making them the single most accurate bullet in the game aside from Barada Maga and the first ult bow.

On 2007-08-28 14:35, Pillan wrote:
    And, yeah, even though crossbows have the SE 3 advantage in AoI, don’t forget that machineguns get the most overpowered growth of any gun from 21-30: an extra 15% ATP and 10% accuracy, making them the single most accurate bullet in the game aside from Barada Maga and the first ult bow.
    except that's the ATA modifier, and the ATA of mechguns is low, and therefore they are not the most accurate bullet in the game.

I say, get neither, and quit while you're ahead.

THE JACKEL

mech guns still end up having very good accuracy. and have extremely good damage output.

On 2007-08-28 14:51, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    except that's the ATA modifier, and the ATA of mechguns is low, and therefore they are not the most accurate bullet in the game.
    So, let’s see: A level 90 Caseal, FG 10, has 393 ATA. A Deathmaker adds 146 ATA, a Beam Vulcanic adds 60, and a Cugo Mamba adds 156.

So, you have 404 ATA with the twin handguns, 349 with the mechs, and 329 with the crossbow. Add an extra 10 levels and the mech increases to 394.

Seems FG’s base ATA is just a bit too low for the effect of the multiplier to beat twin handguns, but it’s high enough for there not to be a noticeable difference between them and twin handguns. That and class level and character level continue to get higher while FG can’t equip higher rank guns, so give it another 20 levels and mechs will be the most accurate. (I won’t even mention that I’m comparing the lowest accuracy mech A rank to the highest accuracy version of the others.) Whenever I switch my Caseal to fG, machineguns are my second most accurate gun, next to rifles, even with a Solid/Power S equipped.

On 2007-08-28 07:25, amtalx wrote:
    That's REALLY pushing it. Breaking 600? Maybe with nice slots and the new Shifta 4. 700 is out of the question. You would need a 45% increase in damage over 10 PA levels (21-30). Even with Sp. Effect Lvl 3 you wont get anywhere near 45%. Maybe fGs with nice slots and high grind Dunga sets, or GTs with S-ranks can get to 700.
    i have the dadan and hpc and get 350 per mech gun shot it spikes tp 450-500 sometimes though.

Until AoI, mechs are better than crossbows in every way but SE for that class.

Mechs: top Aggro weapon. Lets you play decoy to distract enemies for your FO's and RA's, while FiG still having good enough HP to take the decoy beating.
    Also good for raw bullet damage (never pick element for it's SE). And can be used mid ranged, so you can back off and draw enemy attention. Plus once the enemy is upon you, just distract further with your single melee weapon. IMO, FiG seems to be the optinum class to be using mechguns because of this.

Crossbows: Encouraged to be used point blank for raw bullet damage. Your choice to stick SE2, SE3 (AoI) to single targets up close, or use the spread in mid range for SE purposes (V shape spread with BA 11-20 needs practice).
    You have a choice between elements for raw damage, or it's SE since your ATP can make it worthwhile, compared to gunners.

Both good, just different playstyles.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664