Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thanx nilok, i have seen them cast effects though and thought hmmn thats decent damage.

Someone said they cast effects better than mechgun, is it true

On 2007-08-27 23:40, Shishi-O wrote:
    thanx nilok, i have seen them cast effects though and thought hmmn thats decent damage.

Someone said they cast effects better than mechgun, is it true
    Well, the mechgun is static SE1, and the crossbow gains another bullet and SE level at each of the intervals (1, 11, 21) for a grand total of 3 bullets and SE3 at 21. If you think about it, your ability to SE stuff with the X-bow is crazy, because it fires quick, and you have 3 bullets per shot at 21 w/ SE3. Throw strafing in the mix, and FG is gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to play in AoI, I can't wait.

But like Nilok said, right now mechguns are your best bet for DPS. I'm just giving you a heads-up on how awesome the Fighgunner/X-bow will be come expansion so you can get em leveled up nicely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiGeL on 2007-08-28 02:40 ]</font>

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

In AoI, I think you'll be using xbows a bit more often as a figh. Mechs are still great though.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I've been thinking about this as well, since I've grown bored with my Python and need some change in my life. XD

I'm currently trying out an Xbow with the Lightning element Bullet, and I'd forgotten how SLOW these bullets level! Can't wait till AoI so I can get more out of the xbow. I'd use the xbow as decent SE weapon, which isn't what Fighgunners normally do from what I've seen, but it couldn't hurt.

Crimson Butterfly

On 2007-08-28 02:37, Dragwind wrote:
    In AoI, I think you'll be using xbows a bit more often as a figh. Mechs are still great though.
    What he said

21 cross bow is just 0_0

I have all my bullets at 20 for everything I want. Only mechgun I even use much at all is ice...
    But Xbow, I have everything except ground. Xbows are gonna be Figh's main source of SEs, and silence just isn't all that great, but still, the damage of the thing is amazing, even with two shots. With the ultimate Xbow, 2 shots, I do maxed out 480 damage, PER BOLT. So that's almost 1k, with only 20 bullet cap. In AoI when we get 30, and the low HP means even more... I can easily see 600-700 per bolt, meaning 2000 damage per shot.

Not only that, but elemental bullets can hit one enemy 3 times to almost guarantee an SE, and even when leveling them a bit as fortegunner, I found I'd shoot from far away, and land an SE on 3 enemies at once.

Xbow is just that amazing!

THE JACKEL

I suppose I might not know how to use a mechgun (it's possible!), but I don't like them at all. They just aren't very strong at all, and they don't last long. But crossbows are fun once you get 11+ or 21+. Great SE, great usage, everything.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

That's REALLY pushing it. Breaking 600? Maybe with nice slots and the new Shifta 4. 700 is out of the question. You would need a 45% increase in damage over 10 PA levels (21-30). Even with Sp. Effect Lvl 3 you wont get anywhere near 45%. Maybe fGs with nice slots and high grind Dunga sets, or GTs with S-ranks can get to 700.

well..he's talking about zagenga...with figh atp, an SPS, and shifta, even with its only lvl 20, 400 damage a hit isn't out of the question....heck as a female human GT (about 560 atp) using the right element, and shifta 10 I do 300 damage a hit...600 might be stretch...but it might not be. remember: zagenga had a higher ATP mod which more than makes up for the lack of an element. AND gets stronger as your HP drops.

in any case shishi-o, because of the bullet caps, the xbow's SE lvl is stuck at 2 (same as dualies). and because it only fires 2 bolts the dps is about the same as with dualies...BUT dualies have FPS mode. come the expansion, xbows will have good DPS and SE3 for figh gunners. i can't say the dps will be better than mechs unless you use zagenga...but the SE3 will certainly give it an edge which is why I suggested lvling them for future use.

the SE2 of the xbow really doesn't gave any reason to switch weapons though.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Indeed, I was talking about Zagenga too. Beast fG just barely break 600 damage with Yak Zagenga 30, Shifta 21+, 1 Hp, Zalure 21+, grinded Cugo Mamabas, and SPS. There is no way a FG will get to 700 considering they will have the same Bullet level (30 in AoI) and FG's ATP mod is only 8% higher than fG.