Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The stats are not what matter, it's the special abilities.

Nanoblast is a million times more useful on Fortegunner than SUV is.
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.

I don't really think anyone can say whether nanoblast is better than SUV, or vice versa. They're both very useful, and how they are utilized depends upon that of the player's skill and personal preferences. If you like nanoblasts better, use a beast. If you like SUVs better, use a cast. End of story.

As far as whether a beast fortegun or a cast fortegun is better, it depends on what you're ultimately aiming for.

Since you seem to be aiming for the most damage possible, then I'd suppose a beast fortegun would be the way to go, however, that power might not me 100% worth it if the shots are going to have horrible accuracy.

A cast fortegun is best if you're aiming to get the most out of your guns, and highest well-rounded and necessary stats for pulling off a decent/successful fortegunner. It's not the MOST powerful combo, but it's not like the amount of power is bad, especially since fortegun is cast's specially.

So basically, ONLY in this case where ONLY a beast and a cast are being asked about... A cast is seen as the human, whereas the beast is seen as everything else. Yes, the 'beast' has it's racially-specific special/useful quirks, but since in order the be better at one thing you have to be bad at another, it's not always the best choice. (I don't mean to lecture on about things everyone already knows, but it's true. )

In the end, it comes down to whether lots of power > accuracy or power+accuracy = decent precission is more important to you. :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2007-08-30 09:14 ]</font>

Everyone seems to have missed the fact that the best Rifle in the game is Cast only.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Does that rifle inflict SEs faster than any other rifle?

Cause if not, it's the same as the rest.
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

One other thing people aren't mentioning is the base difference of ATA effecting equips. I know that there aren't that many (if any) ultra-high ATA equips yet, but in AoI, who knows?

A 15* Grenade launcher might never be able to be equipped by a beast...Who knows?
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

I like the concept of a beast fortegunner. fortegunners being best for ranged combat and having full access to traps, their big downside is a lack of ability to melee in certain instances. so as a beast, being able to blast in a pinch and and do big melee damage when range doesn't cut it...or stick virus on a a big enemy with a trap or rifle and then melee them..it adds to the versatility which I think makes up for the lower ata. honestly, I don't see big differences in accuracy when the numbers get that big, so mission one extra shot here and there isn't a big concern.

besides, seeing a big black beast in a trenchcoat toting a shotgun or other big ranged weapon looks pretty sweet.

If all you care about is overall strength then Beast is stronger because it has higher ATP, that simple but it's not like the Cast fG is weak and they will miss less for whatever ATA is worth supposedly. Most classes would kill to even have Beast fG's ATA but again there are Beast fF who uses Solid/Power S and still get along fine in this game.

The answer really comes down to do you like (Power) Nanoblast or SUV. I use both a Beast and Cast fG and don't notice the ATA difference hurting him that much. The big change of gameplay was with the special abilities. Nanoblast is good but you gotta put slightly more effort into otherwise you're dead compared to SUVs where you just cause big explosions/pewpew lasers for free without any risk. A properly used Power Nanoblast can clear 1-3 (maybe even 4) spawn of mobs quickly and greatly cut down the time on some bosses. SUVs on bosses is a waste most of the time (high level Cast fGs will either outdamage their SUVs via another weapon or the boss is bullet resistance making it pointless).
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

On 2007-08-30 10:58, Starrz wrote:
    Does that rifle inflict SEs faster than any other rifle?

Cause if not, it's the same as the rest.
    Yes because it has more ATA :/
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

On 2007-08-30 10:57, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    Everyone seems to have missed the fact that the best Rifle in the game is Cast only.
    yah my 2 fG friends were arguing over what race is best for it too.

then i mentioned that; and tha Beast one was mad lol.

and over tha fight about nanoblast =/= SUV; they are completly situational.

take Labs for instance.

Smartest thing would be to hav the Casts use their SUV on tha Jarba's; and Beasts Nanoblast on the Poltavohra thinggys.

depends if the monster/critter/boss is melee or bullet resistant.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02