Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heh, wow. I had no idea that the invincibility blast badge was used to the extent it was; Raul DiUragano uses it himself.

I like the invincibility badge because it gives 30 seconds of respite from whatever abuse is going down. Combined with a HP regen slot, you get around 35% of your HP back during the blast.

Blue also goes with the motif Raul has ...

On 2007-09-06 06:39, F-Gattaca wrote:
    Heh, wow. I had no idea that the invincibility blast badge was used to the extent it was; Raul DiUragano uses it himself.

I like the invincibility badge because it gives 30 seconds of respite from whatever abuse is going down. Combined with a HP regen slot, you get around 35% of your HP back during the blast.

Blue also goes with the motif Raul has ...
    I love standing in Dambarta using the Invincible Nano with no worries.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

The thing about power nano is that it lasts too long. it usually allows the player to kill everything in the room and the last 20 seconds of it are used moving to the next room. The invisibility badge may not last a very long time or have as much attack power, but it lasts exactly as long as you need it to and you can attack constantly with out having to reposition yourself to dogde attacks. it's nothing but constant attacking for the entire time. Makes for comparable damage with out worrying about support or loosing a scape.

wuts a scape?

seriously I think power and invinibility are situational...there are a few boosfights where you can get away with using power on S2 and to be pefectly frank a group of high lvl beasts powerblasting at the same time absolutely decimate everything. at over 1k damage a hit, hitting multiple sections wit the same piercing ability as a bow, each punch from a male beast is doing over 2000 damage to a good portion of multisectioned enemies. that's about 12000 damage from a single combo in a matter of seconds. most bosses have at max 165000 hp and the strongest minibosses only have 80000.

the big scret is knowing when to use each types of attack. a power beast who only flails in the punch combo will indeed die very quickly, but a smart one will have little need for healing, and will absolutely outdamage an invincibility beast.

the invincibility beast lets you be lazy at the cost of total damage potential and in some cases is a must since there are some boses where its just not effective to stand there and flail wildly while you techer friend stays there and desperatly spams resta.

as far as time is concerned it again depends on the mission. in places like dark satellite the last room certainly lets you use that full blast bar...but say blasting before that last room, it's very unlikely you'll be bale to take full advantage of the gauge. this is made worse still when moving to another block since your gauge drains while loading the map(sucks to be on PS2).

so yeah they bother have their pros and cons. I usued to go exclusively invinicibility, but I learned a few trickes with power to make me lean towards that pretty often as well.