Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've found that comparing two things such as Fighgunner vs. Fortefighter is a good way to start arguments and get a thread locked quickly.

Not at all my intention here. What I do want to know is, Will my beast be better off as a Fighgunner than a Fortefighter?

The DS damage seems to be the #1 way to get massive damage vs. enemies, but its hard to beleive that Fortefighter is not the high end of melee damage.

Anyone out there have both? Please share your insights on this.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Beasts will do well at both honestly. However, you do get a stat bonus for being a fF. I would say try both and see which weapons you like more, as They have very different play styles. If you do try FG, make sure you use weapons other than Double Sabers too. PA spamming Double Sabers tends to be the #1 n00bflag. Hybrid classes have very diverse weapon options, and you should fully use that to your advantage.

IMHO FG, not fF, is the premier melee class. Which sucks cause I like my fF alot. The fact is though that FG's get an incredibly wide range of weapon options(can use every melee weapon with the exception of the axe I believe), the ability to apply damage in any situation through the use of guns and traps, and exclusive access to the dbl saber, which when weilded properly is an awesome weapon. The cons? Slightly less atp and no pp regen, both of which can be worked around. Don't just take my word for it though, try them both and see for yourself. Beasts can do well as both so find what works.

Which race type gives bonuses to Figngunner?
    I think i'll stick with beast on FF.

Leaves me one character spot to start a Fighgunner, so which race?

Humans get a bonus though Casts are better statwise. Really though its hard mess up with a race/job combo fo FG. Just don't pick a newm and you'll be fine.

On 2007-08-31 10:13, RufuSwho wrote:
    Which race type gives bonuses to Figngunner?
    I think i'll stick with beast on FF.

Leaves me one character spot to start a Fighgunner, so which race?
    Human and Newman get a bonus as Fighgunner, but Cast has higher than both in all the stats that matter (HP, DFP, ATP, and ATA) and Beast has even more ATP and HP. The Beast low ATA only begins to hurt when you use a gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-08-31 10:32 ]</font>

humans gets s bonus as fighgunner i believe

Beasts are awesome at Fighgunner. All that ATP with all that DPS, plus the well-needed ATA mod? Get outta their way.

hmm with an ATA mod, good suggestion!

I didn't mean like a Unit or something, I refer to the ATA percentage boost that Fighgunners get. Much better than a Fortefighters, but of course I don't know of any Beast Fortefighters that really have a lot of trouble hitting things.