Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Killer Shot

I finally worked up enough PA frags to get my Cast Killer Shot. Cast is level 10 so far and got my KS to 4. At levels 21+ is this thing actually of any use in any other runs besides ones that have robots? Like the rogues in the trains, or monsters of moatoob?

Also, what's the best place to level KS? I've ran trains a few times under C. The rogues seem to deal too much damage when they chase me around before I kill them which can be a pain sometimes.

It works pretty nicely on bees, which are also a chore to drop with regular damage. The thing is that robots are SUCH a pain in the butt... you can't use burn, direct damage except techs is half... it's seriously worth 99 frags even if you only ever use the skills against those guys 'cause they go from a chore to cakewalk. Also, missions with robots usually feature a LOT of robots.

My suggestion: if you're only level 10, go level KS in Unsafe Passage like everything else. If you're tough enough to take on Endrum Remnants C I guess you could beat through there with KS and hope to get a F.Bulb board or something.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

With any bullets the easiest place to level them is Plains Overlord with all the safe spots. And with Killer Shot at level 21+ I regularly drop anything with 20 or less STA.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic44442_2.gif

Does the STA increase for enemies as their levels go up or if you move up a mission rank?

I beleive STA stays the same since I can clear a room of lvl 100+ robots in 10 seconds if I'm lucky and done it a few times. If you want to test it out I suggest not doing C rank with enemies having such low HP the damage would be enough to kill them

I already have KS30 in one character and currently levelling it again on another

To me the best place to level it is Grove of fanatics S/S2; there is plenty of robots to take down there. There is also some humans, but they are not as annoying as Train rogues. I supose you could strictly level the bullet faster in VoC S2 by the pp cube but at least in GoF you don't fall asleep while doing it, you get some exp, maybe some rares.

And yes KS even at 21+ is only useful on robots. You can drop other low Sta monsters such as badira, ageeta, Jighishara relatively easily but it's a a gamble, sometimes it would have taken less time and far less PP to use the appropiate opposite element bullet

The only other enemies that have the same STA as Robots (14) are the tiny enemies you shouldn't have trouble killing in the first place. So it's only useful on Robots, period. But considering there's really no other good way for a Ranger to kill a Robot, it's by far the best method.

Remember bees count as robots, those are the only other things worth using Killer Shot on.

On 2007-09-07 05:52, bloodflowers wrote:
    Remember bees count as robots, those are the only other things worth using Killer Shot on.
    If you're talking about BUGs, they have 20 STA and low HP, so I really don't find it useful there. As for Mizura, I used to spam Killer Shot there all the time, but it's not very worthwhile after their HP and EVP were cut in half. It's a lot faster for me to rush in with an opposite element high damage weapon, like a crossbow.

Small enemies and the four-legged robots is all I'd use it for, though it might have more general use with the enemy STA nerf.

In my Desert Goliath runs I've found that Killer Shot seems to proc more often on Kanohne soldiers (blue CASTs) as compared to Soldas (green CASTs) and Assaults (CASEALs). Ironic because those bastards love to heal and buff themselves.

They do make good experience sinks when Killer Shot is above 21 and you're looking for a Muzzlefever.