Junkie of all things Castlevania.

OK, this post will be long and drawn out... so hopefully I will explain it so everyone can understand what I need/want to know... From this point forward my stats will be shown like ATP/DEF/MST/ATA/EVP/LCK as needed, and every 'hit' is a normal attack....

Ok... I have a RAmarl that is level 118 and for some reason she SUCKS when it comes to mechgun usage. Now I know that the mechguns have been toned down since the DC days, but this is ridiculous...

Bear with me...
    Without anything(nothing at all) equipped my stats are 564/327/555/167/617/38... I equip my Madu mag(Lv.200) bringing my stats to 768/353/627/185/617/38.. then I equip my L&K14 COMBAT +20 (my most powerful mechgun) which brings my stats to 838/353/627/203/617/48... then I go to the Ultimate Temple... unequip my mag, and then proceed to hit in the 20HP range for each hit. I equip my mag and hit around 50HP per hit, so I use Shifta... bringing each hit to about 100HP.
    After that I equip my armor(GUARD WAVE 4slot), Ogre/Powers x3, God/Luck, and Celestial Shield along with my Madu mag bringing the stats to 889/612/627/203/936/78 (I still have the mechgun equipped too, and I am doing about 60HP per hit (without Shifta) and about 110HP with Shifta... while I watch a lvl.126 HUcaseal doing triple that...

What do I need to raise for my mag in order for my RAmarl to hit like the HUcaseal with the same mechgun? I was told that ATA is what is needed to be raised, but I want to make sure before I get too far into my new mag. I have a new Lv.50 Madu mag that has stats at 10/21/19/0 right now, and if it needs the ATA raised all of the rest of the levels will be for DEX (if that is what is needed)...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks.

On 2002-12-28 17:14, PentUpAnger wrote:
    What do I need to raise for my mag in order for my RAmarl to hit like the HUcaseal with the same mechgun? I was told that ATA is what is needed to be raised, but I want to make sure before I get too far into my new mag. I have a new Lv.50 Madu mag that has stats at 10/21/19/0 right now, and if it needs the ATA raised all of the rest of the levels will be for DEX (if that is what is needed)...
    Since the HUcaseal has much more Attack Power (ATP) than the RAmarl, you need to up your ATP. The RAmarl already has high ATA, although a bit of an increase on the Mag side wouldn't hurt. My main GC PSO character is a RAmarl, and her Mag is 45/70/45/40. I'm also raising a new one that will have less Mind and more of other things, since the RAmarl has a great MST rating for its class.

No weapon suffers more from low ATA than mechguns. Work on your accuracy stat and don't worry about your ATP at this point. As long as you can hit an enemy 9 times with one combo, you'll do plenty of damage in order to bring them down. Mechguns require the most patience and practice of all the guns in order to be effective, but the rewards are more than worth the effort.

Your Mag is fine. In GC PSO, your character matters most when dealing out damage, which is totally opposite to v2, where your weapon mattered more.

Thing is, you're comparing damage capability with a HUnter... I mean, you're not really being fair. You'll never be able to do more damage hit per hit, under the same circumstances as a HUcaseal will be able to - Or even a HUnewearl for that matter.

You'll just have to accept it...

At the least, know that you're doing better offline with your S/D & J/Z.

On 2002-12-28 17:14, PentUpAnger wrote:

110HP with Shifta... while I watch a lvl.126

HUcaseal doing triple that...
    Too many factors missing. What level shifta do you have? What level shifta did the HUcaseal have on her? Was the HUcaseal using normal or hard attacks? Were the enemies zalured? Do you know what zalure is? How much power did her mag have? How many power materials have you each eaten? Was she getting a lot of critical hits?

Oh, and hunters do more damage, that ones obvious

Junkie of all things Castlevania.

On 2002-12-28 18:39, Rhete wrote:

Too many factors missing. What level shifta do you have? What level shifta did the HUcaseal have on her? Was the HUcaseal using normal or hard attacks? Were the enemies zalured? Do you know what zalure is? How much power did her mag have? How many power materials have you each eaten? Was she getting a lot of critical hits?

Oh, and hunters do more damage, that ones obvious
    Same Shifta level since I was the one doing it... no Zalure was used. I am sure it was normal attacks because the guy would hit harder on his 2nd and 3rd string of the combo. I found out after I posted this that his ATP is 300pts more than mine at the same level (no shifta and about 10 exp levels higher than me) Everything else is moot. I will just crank the new mag with POW then... It should be around 170 POW or so when it is done. Perfect Devil Wings maybe. We'll see...

>_<;;; my Ramarl does great with my mechgun..... she hits 9 times everytime..... full combo as well, heavy/normal attack, even with a special attack combo, I can hit at least 6 times....
    well...may b coz Im still low lvl.... but I was surprise my RAmarl's ATA is so good, coz to my experience in DC ver, mechgun misses 90% of the time..... may b a lv34 RAmarl with lv150mag is a bit too high for Hard monsters >_<