View Poll Results: 50% ice nightwalkers should definately have SE 3 on a an ultimate/ spiral dance PA on contact the up

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yay

3 25.00%
  • nay

9 75.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LMAO! Gunners and Techers deal more damage than fighters? Are you crazy? To monsters like tengougs, and zoonas, yes, but that's about it. Even w/ a Har / Quick, Techers are limited to only dealing damage in an inflexible and slow manner. In fact, My lvl 90 female newman, Abby deals more damge w/ her 44% ground Katsunos (lvl 20 renkai) as a WT, than her nosdiga as a FT, against volfus.

My lvl 90 male human, Ryu murders vandas w/ his 44% ice sharp twins (assault crush) as a fighgunner w/ numbers from 650 to 1050 flying every, and yet when he's a Fortegunner not his Beam vulcanic, phantom, deathmakers, or cubo mamba come even close to the amounts his meelee weapons come to.

PS: lvling skills are a joke. It takes only Abby 7 hours to lvl Dus Daggus from 1 to 20... It took my Abby at least 40 hours to lvl her dark shot from 1-21.

PSS: if you wanna be more productive against Dimm, omna, or DF, change your class from FF or Fig to either WT or PT. Longbows are a fighter's friend.

On 2007-09-12 18:23, Shishi-O wrote:
    moving this thread here killed it.
    You should be relieved...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-09-12 19:10 ]</font>

Those of us who are fighters know what we can and can't do though. Personally, I don't think there's any need to have any extra effects for melee type attacks. We already have awesome skill PAs to destroy our opponents and nobody else can match our damage when it comes to enemies with multiple hit points and we are able to attack un-interrupted. (Adahna Deghana being an excellent example, nobody can deal faster damage to it than a fighter with a powerful skill PA that hits two both bottom and centre parts of the boss.)

As for Gunners getting easier solo games, fair enough, I understand your pain to some extent except when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Seriously, gunners don't have any sheer satisfaction from sending enemies hurling across the room at a constant rate with EVERY weapon that they can use. Melee types however, are able to do this with ease. There are only a few weapons and specific PAs that a gunner can resort to for knocking enemies around or suppressing them and if they're immune to those Status effects, you're SOL.

Techers may have fantastic times solo and their damage output is staggeringly impressive but they can't take a hit, bosses are also prime examples where TECHNIC type users do not fare so well as melee or gunners simply because their TECHNICs can only hit one target on the same creature across all of their spells. Or you can just screen killer bosses you know, since it's SO versatile.

I've also noticed you don't play as a Wartecher, why's that? They are able to perform all three forms of attack and while Status Effects are useful, they are not mandatory and just make the game run that little bit faster.

Be proud that you own a 50% weapon but please don't think, even for one second that this gargantuan task (yeah, I just watched Kill Bill Vol. 2) of achieving a 50% weapon deserves the precariously balanced melee types to be over-whelmingly powerful.

Ah sod it, seeing as how Protransers have the same level cap as a Fortefighter or a Fortegunner, you could easily break game mechanics by being this class and having a full arsenal of 50% weapons. Why even bother being either of the other classes when the whole place is under SE lockdown from both your ranged AND melee weapons? Sure, there's the statistical disadvantage but the versatility of melee, ranged AND traps all rolled into one will somehow make Protransers ridiculously too powerful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2007-09-13 00:30 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Use a frying pan.

If you want SE, use a Xbow. You have access to them for a reason. Putting SE3 on melee weapons is silly.

I can't even hope to compare to the DPS of a good Fortefighter. That's the advantage they get for having to go up close to an enemy to cause damage, I think it's a fair balance.

My Crossbow may be incredible DPS, but it's not going to compare to Dus Daggas or Anga Dugrega/Redda, nor do I expect it to. I understand my place.

On 2007-09-13 05:28, Typheros wrote:
    I can't even hope to compare to the DPS of a good Fortefighter. That's the advantage they get for having to go up close to an enemy to cause damage, I think it's a fair balance.

My Crossbow may be incredible DPS, but it's not going to compare to Dus Daggas or Anga Dugrega/Redda, nor do I expect it to. I understand my place.
    Don't count yourself out yet. I don't know if you are a GT or a fG, but if you are a fG (Cast), its pretty easy to outdamage a fF if they dont have top notch weaponry. Anything out of the 40-50% range and the ground starts to even out fast if you are using Zagenga. Also, don't forget spamming Burn tears down any mob faster than anything a fF can do. Multishotting is also pretty deadly. Get all buffed up, and you'll be ripping multipoint creatures for 3500+ per shot.

Crimson Butterfly

800 800 700 700 900 900 900

or

1200 1200 1000 1000 1300 1300 1300

human damage with Dus Daggas Normal and crit <.<

I'm sure a beast or a cast can do More

Gunners beat the hell out of fF's in terms of damage, in my opinion- especially Fortegunners.

My friend online does 600 a shot with a rifle, and when you add in the SE application (which connects a hell of a lot), you can't possibly match that with a Fortefighter. Fortefighter can hit harder in a single hit (not counting SE ticks from burn/virus), but I don't believe a fighter can match the damage output of a high level Gunner with decent bullets/equips. If they could, it'd have to be relying on 44-50% weapons, which fighters aren't exactly rolling in.

I don't mind though, I can still deal crazy damage. Unless a monster has multiple parts though, I can't hope to match his 600 a shot, without 50% weapons.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

On 2007-09-13 06:30, amtalx wrote:
    On 2007-09-13 05:28, Typheros wrote:

Don't count yourself out yet. I don't know if you are a GT or a fG, but if you are a fG (Cast), its pretty easy to outdamage a fF if they dont have top notch weaponry. Anything out of the 40-50% range and the ground starts to even out fast if you are using Zagenga. Also, don't forget spamming Burn tears down any mob faster than anything a fF can do. Multishotting is also pretty deadly. Get all buffed up, and you'll be ripping multipoint creatures for 3500+ per shot.
    Ah, I don't have Zagenga yet so I can't speak for that yet. I have high hopes for it though, considering my level 30 Megiga does ~400/bullet on my Newearl GT. But I've seen fFs with 40-50% weapons outdamage that.

SEs on the other hand, yes, that is our strong point and a fT can't even outdamage Burn 4 on a high-HP enemy. But for SE4 we also have the flaw of having to actually apply it, so there's balance in there.

Also don't forget how we can't hit multiple enemy parts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2007-09-13 07:48 ]</font>

On 2007-09-12 17:32, Shishi-O wrote:
    the % just determines amount of damage ( like tp)

but what determines the lvl is the PA lvl

it can also be made xtremely difficult to lvl

also lvls and all attainable achievements should be extremely difficult, and not capped

i could argue and will i guess that the gunners and techer get se's @1-4, i mean are you ****ing serious?

u ever play with gunner/ techers as a fighter?

not to mention the aspect of soloing these other classes are superior in every aspect of damage dealing not even for just SE's but also rate of fire.

i did desert terror with a group of gunners and i gotta tell ya, i barely got to touch anything, hit dimmagolous 1 or twice.

people say ooh the damage a beast FF does, so much...no.

with FG/ PT ticking off 1256 per virus trap, while still shooting for 500+ dmg every second

have u seen a force do nosdigga/ dambarta 900-1000+ damage 4x a second.

who is too powerfull?

hey, allz i'm saying is it would be great if i could use a combe that would at least while fighting hordes, freeaze them/ keep them off me.

if you lookj at bullets, they are 16% contact causing lvl 3 SE

while maylee is 50% with no SE? WTF?!

the math doesn't work out

fighters are gimped
    Maybe you should, I don't know, FIGHT BETTER?

Seriously! I crank out Tornado Break damage that holds even with Nosdiga/Dambarta damage, or Burn 4 and the rifle bullets that cause it... and my gear's not even that good. 20+% Gigush+10 with the set, 20+% axes, 20+% twin claws etc. I do probably 2000~4000 damage per move depending on weapon, element, and PA. I get one of those in the time it takes a Tech to cast, two per tick of Burn damage.

Without touching PP, I can rapid-fire basic knuckle attacks for 2x300 to one target, or swing a sword for 400 on three.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

On 2007-09-13 07:47, Typheros wrote:
    Also don't forget how we can't hit multiple enemy parts.
    We can with Shotguns.