Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

As for another melee char or assist, what about olimar or louie from pikmin? it'll be funny to see them run around and pull/toss pikmin, kinda like pokemon trainer.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I was going to say, did people forget about boss fights? They have Petey Piranha shown as an earlier boss, and he's already pretty frickin' huge. So why not Kraid? Or K. Rool?

I think Ridley could possibly be a playable character tho. Just make him about as big as Bowser.

And yeah, I bet anything that Master Hand is back.

Also, I just thought what would be a cool character: Skull Kid from Majura's Mask! Probably not likely as lots of Zelda characters are already confirmed, but still! I don't think anyone has even mentioned him.

On 2007-10-25 18:37, Moo2u wrote:
    I think Ridley could possibly be a playable character tho. Just make him about as big as Bowser.
    Moo is always right on things, Ridley will probably be resized to playable.

On 2007-10-25 17:13, DizzyDi wrote:
    On 2007-10-25 17:05, DonRoyale wrote:

RE: Brinstar Depths: I call anything hazardous, that is based on luck and can turn the tide of a match, bad. I consider the awkward shape of it that never allowed for recovery a hazard. Get wif Battlefield/Final Destination-like stages
    Lol you can't be serious. I bet you play with all items off AND FOX ONRY too huh?
    I can, really. I've eliminated every factor of luck because I'm picky about luck. Fox is one of the few people I don't play. My main is Marth, but I'll play about half the characters.

I'm not elitist, I've just been horribly owned by 10 year-olds completely due to luck. 10 year-olds with horribly massive egos. It's rather annoying...>.>
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

I'd enjoy seeing some of the Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters (particularly the Rock one) as Assist Trophies.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Luck is the name of the game dude. Either you play a game with Smash Bros luck or go play Tekken. Geeze...no items and a flat, boring stage...sheesh, snooze ville.

Smash Brothers isn't about "player-game character synchronization" or having "1337" combos. Hell, your primary attacks consist of a direction and a button. Smash Brothers is about FUN.

Yes, I said it. FUN.

It's about the weird and quirky things that can happen when 4 characters from different game dimensions come together for battle. Throw in some cool weapons and those random explosive boxes (which are ALWAYS the ones I hit fyi), mix it in with some awesome level designs where something out of your control could instantaneously fuck your plan up your plans for "1337 dOmi4t1oN" (Pokefloats baby) and you get a FUN time. Not a Tekken/Madden/elitist time.

Orrr that's at least how I enjoy my Smash Bros.

All items on Very High with a random, quirky level.

And if you don't like 10 year olds: DON'T PLAY WITH THEM, YOU BROUGHT THAT PAIN ON YOURSELF. AND IF THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO PLAY WITH, THEN DON"T PLAY!!! I'll feel sorry for you but DON'T PLAY.

Ok guys, no more flame baiting. Everyone go to their corners, have a cookie, play a game, and wait for tomorrow's update.

On 2007-10-25 19:46, Dre_o wrote:
    Ok guys, no more flame baiting. Everyone go to their corners, have a cookie, play a game, and wait for tomorrow's update.
    Agreed, people should put their flames out.

The First

generally in any fighter anything that is pretty much luck based is bad. Items, because they have random effects that have nothing to do with skill are rather just luck. It's not conducive to a good fighting game to have something randomly spawn where you cant' see it and have it explode if you go near it, but that exists when you have items on in SSB. I am not against items though mind you, it is just when there is absolutely no skill involved which i don't like and that is most of the explosive things in the game which just happens to turn on with all the items. If they could get rid of the random explosive item pills/boxes then i'd play with items on more, but until then I will always argue that items should always be off when playing for records or anything like that.

Also...with the adittion of Sonic Fox is no longer the fastest and with that being said Fox was already hard enough to control on some levels and more so with the super speed thing...it makes me wonder how viable sonic is really as a character.

Fox was hard to control? Anyone ever hear of Captain Falcon? I could've sworn he was faster.

Also, it does take some skill to nab items before you opponent. Granted, the effects are random and the items themselves are random but there's nothing unsystematic about commandeering the item before you opponent does. Also, a decent player should be able to fight through items (especially those with ragned moves.)

Call me if theres any E-Drama

Lol. Fun is one of the few reasons i played on Ice Climbers level.
    Because then you have smashing and items to worry about.......and then throw jumping so you dont get owned into it