Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

PSO-World's Phantasy Star Universe Item Database received a fairly large update earlier today. The goal of the update was to improve the presentation of the existing material and get ready for the release Ambition of Illuminus. Here is an overview of the new features and changes:

Search:
    -Search results can now be restricted to a specific item category.
    -A "Picture" column has been added to the Search results. If an item has a preview picture attached to it, it will show up in that column.

Front-Page:
    -Item Subcategories have been introduced. Simply click on the "Expand" link beside an item category (Javascript required) and a table with subcategories will appear. Click on a subcategory and you'll be taken to a listing showing items only belonging to that category.
    -The number of "Latest Pictures" has been increased from eight to twelve.

Item Listing:
    -Sort Options have been replaced with a Filter bar. You can use it to restrict listings to a specific mode, rarity, and gender. To list all of items for a particular category/subcategory, choose "All" under the Rarity filter.
    -Weapon and item listings are now more detailed stats. For example, weapon listings now list the major stats for the weapon type.
    -Clothing and Cast Parts listings have been replaced with a gallery of pictures. This will make it much easier to find specific pieces of clothing.
    -The new gallery mode now applies to Remodeling Tickets, Room Decorations, and PM Evolution Devices.
    -Non-gallery mode tables are sortable (Javascript required). Simplay click on the header cell of the column you want to sort by.
    -On the Weapon, Line Shield, and Slot Unit listings, you can compare items in greater depth by checking the appropriate items and clicking the "Compare" button. This will take you to the Comparison script.

Item Detail Pages:
    -A tabbing system is now used to organize and present mode information. Simply click (Javascript required) on the Mode you want to see and you'll see the stat/finding information associated with it. This tabbing system also makes use of cookies. If you filter by a particular mode on the Item Listing, the relevant tab on this screen will be shown as the default.
    -Availability information has been moved from "Notes" to a new "Availability" line.
    -Formal support for Item Combinations has been added. If an item has a set mate, a table will be shown for the relevant mode.

Misc. Notes:
    -Items that are currently unavailable on the regional servers will be displayed in Italics.
    -The Item DB now uses the in-game names for item stat values (Att, Acc, etc...).
    -The Store Prices webpage was updated so the correct rarity value will be displayed corresponding to the Mode the store is in.
    -A Req. column has been added to the Comparison script.

I think all of the currently "Unavailable" items have been marked. If you happen to see one that was missed, post here and it will be updated.

Since this update involved a fairly large reorganization of the database backend, there still maybe a couple of bugs. If you see something that looks weird or could be improved, feel free to complain/post suggestions here.

Oooo Fancy. Well done Ryna and others.

If you have feasible ideas or suggestions to improve the DB, do tell.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

In the item database menu,
    http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/
    when I expand the cast parts section, and click the "Leg Parts" link, it leads me instead to torsos.

Just thought ya'll should know.

Eeee, if I'da seen the end of the original post, well, yeah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathOfMegid on 2007-09-23 15:38 ]</font>
    I'll do what I will.

Fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

the new database is awesome... more pics and the "fastlinks" on the startpage ...very good idea but i got an idea...for compare links...maybe the grinded stats would be useful too....cause compare a normal kubara wep with a normal wep....the stats of the kubara are as worse as the normal...but a grinded kubara wep can be better then a normal, example. shigga bines and shigga bomac .a grinded bomac hab 126 att (bines 131) but the pp are better 1661 vs. 1406 if u can see that when u compare some weps, that would be helpful.

before i forget it. thanks for the new database, really...good work
    LP Phoenix ║ Cast M ║Ship 2║Lv65 Ranger║Lv65 Gunner║Lv65 Hunter

I'm digging the thumbnails.

On 2007-09-24 06:23, LP_Phoenix wrote:
    the new database is awesome... more pics and the "fastlinks" on the startpage ...very good idea but i got an idea...for compare links...maybe the grinded stats would be useful too....cause compare a normal kubara wep with a normal wep....the stats of the kubara are as worse as the normal...but a grinded kubara wep can be better then a normal, example. shigga bines and shigga bomac .a grinded bomac hab 126 att (bines 131) but the pp are better 1661 vs. 1406 if u can see that when u compare some weps, that would be helpful.

before i forget it. thanks for the new database, really...good work
    The Stat Comparison page does allow you to compare items for an arbitrary number of grinds. Also, any items that you select to be compared from the regular item listings should include grind stats.

Thanks for the kind words. We're hoping that people will find the update useful.

oh my fault...i never see that, was blinded by the database thx , and by the way....i know some stats for some grinded weps...
    how can i give u that? for example the shigga bines + 10...att 131 and pp 1406, the +9 , sorry forgot it to write it down anywhere.
    LP Phoenix ║ Cast M ║Ship 2║Lv65 Ranger║Lv65 Gunner║Lv65 Hunter

If you want to contribute Grinding stats, it would be best if you posted in this topic:
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...43077&forum=22