Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Since no one else seems to have jumped on it...

Forces aren't supposed to melee. That's a moot comparison point. Either one of them is fucked in any situation involving fisticuffs.

No, Whips are not damage dealing weapons.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I'm building a second main (fF) against my fT to deal damage in 1up Cup.

I just got to say... Majarra is hawt.

question about techniques:

seeing as how almost all melee is getting a significant damage boost, and elemental %'s on weapons only affecting the additional ATP that weapon adds, will Techniques be the same?

Will Elemental damage from techniques change to only multiplying the weapon's TP? or still stay the same and multiply your total tp?

On 2007-10-02 08:18, Lyrise wrote:

Both classes have different functions in mind, and IMO, the field will level out even further when the PA caps get upped to 50 (not saying this will happen soon, but it will most likely happen, all the attack data and color data is there, why not use it?)
    I was going to say that...especially if they give Fortetecher 40 Support TECHs at that point. Also, I don't think you mentioned that the 31-40 gives you another 10% element too (not sure how big a deal that is over on the JP servers after that recent patch). Plus, we don't know how a level 200/20 Fortetecher is going to end up looking (in terms of TP) compared to a 200/20 Acrotecher.

Then there's all those 13*+ weapons to factor in at some point. Yeah, there's going to be quite a few people who switch from FT to AT...but FT is by no means "screwed" or "worthless" in my opinion.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Fortetechers get pp redcution, exclusive access to Rods (and I don't care what anyone says, rods have significant advantage over wands), and exclusive access to level 31+ techs. I belive they also have highest in game TP, and MST.

Compare to fortefighters: 2 other jobs have level 40 melee PAs. Fortefighter's backup weaponry is a pistol, and only level 20 at that. Fortetechers get 2 impressive, accurate, and elemental weapons - bow and card.

Comments have already been made regarding fortegunner.

That being said...I think ALL the forte-types are losing ground to hybrids in the expansion.

It is all about the look. Those level 31 techs look cool. I wonder if I will need sunglasses for this game soon.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

I thought the point of the forte-classes was always doing “unparalleled” damage with its weapon selection. fG has enough ATP to do more damage than GT with all of its gun S ranks, fF has enough ATP to do more damage than FG with its S ranks, and fT has enough TP (on top of the extra 10~20% modifier) to do more damage than AT with its S rank. And this is in addition to their other attributes (significantly more ATA and HP on fG, more HP and DFP on fF, more MST on fT, and lower costing PAs).

The only class that really took a relative nerf was fT, but that was Sonic Team’s mistake in the first place. Can anyone here name an online game where the black mage was also a better white mage than every other class? (PSO doesn’t count…)

Of course I have to agree that applying Just Attack/Timed Attack to skills was a very bad idea since it throws melee damage to 1.5 times the damage of everything else in even the worst case scenarios. My bet is they’ll either add a ranged/tech version of the system or just buff the PA mods on all bullets/techs to take JA into account.

But, if it really bothers you that much, just play Beast and Cast fF, FG, or AT since those are the only classes you need at this point.

Asking if there's a point to ForteTechers, is the same thing being asked to ForteFighters and ForteGunners. With the hybrid classes getting upped in versatility and power, are the Forte classes not so Forte? That's the question you should be asking, instead.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

The only class that really took a relative nerf was fT, but that was Sonic Team’s mistake in the first place. Can anyone here name an online game where the black mage was also a better white mage than every other class? (PSO doesn’t count…)
    So, Wts not getting level 20 support was not a nerf?

Also, why is no one focusing on the range advantages of 31+ techs and only focusing on the damage?

On 2007-10-02 09:17, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    No, Whips are not damage dealing weapons.
    did you see the vid i posted in the aoti screenshot thread?

that whip was ripping enemies apart.
    about 500s; and an entire whip combo has A LOT of hits.

add those up....
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02