This is a previously Japanese-only N64 game. It's fucking awesome. While Gamespot says it's like Space Harrier or Panzer Dragoon, it's really more in line with Cabal or Wild Guns...or if you really wanna stretch it, GI Joe arcade or Dynamite Duke. It's a rail shooter where you have to move your character left and right while moving a targeting cursor. But unlike Cabal or Wild Guns, you can move the cursor and the character simultaneously...and unlike Dynamite Duke or GI Joe arcade, the cursor moves independently of the character. It's just so awesome to be able to do that in a game. Oh, you can also do melee attacks to close enemies and certain projectiles (to reflect them to where your cursor is), jump, double jump and roll. The level design is awesome too. The action rarely lets up, and you're even dumped straight into action the second the game starts! Lots of cutscenes with a confusing story, the cutscenes are very skippable though. (Why couldn't you do that in Star Fox?)

Yeah. If you're a fan of rail shooters, GET THIS GAME on the Wii Virtual Console. It's the best 1200 Wii Points I've ever spent.

Wow I was debating on DLing it. I wanted to hear what others had to say first. I'm going to download this later on now.

Down for the Getdown

Yeah I have a ROM of it and it really is a good game.
    I have no idea what the storyline is about but I do know that you do take down a fleet of sheeps, dodge bullets from a giant mech thing, and also fight against a planet itself.
    If its capatible with the Wiimote that makes the game 100x better.
    GET IT NAO!

It's a shooter, and it's made by Treasure.

...If that alone doesn't have people buying it, then something's wrong.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."