Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

I hope that S ranks rain from the sky in droves during the big event. In the numerous S2 runs all over, I have found only 2 S rank boards, both of which failed. Been playing since or near to day one and I want a shot at being the proud owner of one, without having to sell everything to buy one. It is time prices start to fall! Bring it on!
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

On 2007-10-03 12:16, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    quoted for truth. I remember in PSO there were weapons I could not equip until I was well into the 100's. Try usign Holy Ray as HUmar.

then agian, most 9* weapons were crap (hugs charge vulcans with 70 hit)
    Thanks for the props!

Personally ... Though The Way I See It isn't worth much meseta, this is how I would have categorized weapons:

Common GRM/Yohmei/Tenora C-Ranks, 1-3*
    Intentionally low-yield photon reactors designed for less-lethal combat training. They are capable of lethal damage but are not intended for self-defense.

Common GRM/Tenora B-Ranks, 4-6*
    Civilian market models, reasonable off-the-shelf output designed for self-defense and sport hunting.

Common Yohmei B-Ranks, 4-6*
    Civilian models with reasonable output, marketed for self-defense on pilgrimages in the wilds of Neudaiz.

Common GRM A-Ranks, 7-9*
    Weapons restricted to usage by the AMF, GUARDIANS, and other government agencies/security companies/police. These were meant for combat.

Common Yohmei A-Ranks, 7-9*
    Weapons restricted to usage by the Communion's Armed Servants, GUARDIANS, and other security companies. Battle-ready weaponry.

Common Tenora A-Ranks, 7-9*
    Weapons meant for use by the GUARDIANS, security companies, AMF and MTF Police, but often found in the hands of rogues.

And then for low-end S-ranks like the 10-12* category ... well, let's take the Blackbull. This is how I would have described it:

"A newer rifle that the AMF's main infantry units are upgrading to, but also licensed for use by GUARDIANS."

Rather than calling it a secret special forces rifle. After all, if it was developed in secret and is only used by the AMF special forces, why will everyone in the GUARDIANS wind up with one?

Killer Elite is probably okay, but I'd change the 11* Rattlesnake to this:

"A custom-built design provided on request to the AMF and GUARDIANS, sporting an experimental reactor."

Things like that, y'know. Making it so that the rares don't seem like they should be held by only one or two players in all of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-05 13:15 ]</font>

...80+ hours wasted hunting the Halp board... only to find six total rappies. = That was my easter week.

142 solo runs of Plain's Overlord S2. Best rare found? PhotonChargeCosmo.

2 group runs of POS2. Best rare: [B] Two-Headed Ragnus (to someone else).

2 group runs of DTS2. Best rare: [B] Shigga Desta (to someone else, given generously to me, and failed).

98 2-3-person group runs of Eastern Peril A (looking for Me/Quick). Best rare: Tenghoh Ala

This game does not favor me, to put it lightly. It does, however, favor a ton of certain small groups. XD Not cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XenithFlare on 2007-10-06 11:37 ]</font>
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

I actually quit playing because I got sick of running the same boring missions looking for S-ranks (which I actually found plenty of, for everyone except myself). Firebreak wasn't that kind to me either, but at least the missions were fun. I'm hoping that the Platinum Cup missions are more fun than the normal grind.