Originally I was able to play PSU fine, after about a year of not playing and trying to start again, the game is not working correctly.

I'm able to load up the splash screen, however if i try choosing network or story mode, the game closes out. I noticed its as if the game does not bother connecting to any update servers or gameguard for that matter. And yes, i have no antivirus software running in the background.

I've Tried numerous things like editing my routers DNS, turning off firewall, reformatting my pc, downloading latest direct X and drivers for my graphics card, changing resolution, color, full screen, windowed. Tried copying my friends gameguard folder but all nothing. (On a side note, i noticed there was no gameguard folder to start with, which shows me the game never bothered trying to connect in the first place to download the first gameguard patches)

Not sure what's causing this but if anyone has any suggestions or any similar cases, please let me know. Would love to start playing again. thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizuki on 2007-10-06 00:14 ]</font>

has no one come accross something like this? really would like to find out whats going on.

When all else fails, re-install. And make sure to install the directx that's on the dvd as well...

lol. that was the first thing i did. I'm reading other posts where people are having somewhat the same problem as well, as far as the gameguard folder not being in the psu folder. my game doesnt even attempt to download it.

lol. that was the first thing i did. I'm reading other posts where people are having somewhat the same problem as well, as far as the gameguard folder not being in the psu folder. my game doesnt even attempt to download it.

Actually, I just fixed it. I actually was told to edit my DEP however, i wasnt exactly sure how. I opened up the DEP menu from My Computer Properties, and i had to add all 4 programs (options, online, offline, story) to the dep list, which finally allowed me to connect to the game.