Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Yep, I'll agree, the first few days after Halo 3 release the numbers were really down (even as low as two stars at peak time)
    But as soon as folks realised that Halo, altho good, is very shortlived, and as soon as people heard about the new PA's and that we are getting 1up cup
    [b]THE QUITTERS SOON CAME RUNNING BACK!!!
    Nice one SEGA!!

I never saw it drop below a full Universe, first off.

Second, if they're back after a week they never "quit" in the first place.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

To Obsidian, I think he's talking about the PC servers, not the Xbox ones.

To Tagnut, Appearently, Halo 3 really sucked. My friend who LOVES the Halo series doesn't even like it...

The Halo-hurricane has been a lot less powerful than predicted. We are still alive.

Uh... Halo is a first person shooter. They are ALL very short lived. And it's not like anybody "Quit Halo" to come back to PSU. They played the shit out of the game for the first week or two and then start playing more casually. You can hop on and kill a few newbs in your spare time, and then hop right back off. It's not like PSU where you spend several months buliding up your characters.

And if you're trying to elude to the point that PSU is a better game than Halo 3, then I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Not everyone is into shooters, but SSBB will have a big affect on the PSU community, I'm sure of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-06 06:56 ]</font>
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Yes, I think SSBB will have a much bigger impact on the PSU comunitty. First off, because the kind of people (myself included) would rather play the Japaneseisque games than a first person shooter. Secondly, Halo is more of a casual game, so people are bound to be back to PSU, which is stat building.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I'm curious to see the effect of SSBB on PSU. Personally, I hate the SSB games but I'll probably get it anyway. I know my friends will want me to have it around.

As for Halo 3, it was definitely better than Halo 2. 4 player co-op was some of the most fun I've had in years, but now that I've gone through the campaign several times there's not much left to do.

On 2007-10-06 07:01, DavidNel wrote:
    Yes, I think SSBB will have a much bigger impact on the PSU comunitty. First off, because the kind of people (myself included) would rather play the Japaneseisque games than a first person shooter. Secondly, Halo is more of a casual game, so people are bound to be back to PSU, which is stat building.
    Since when is Halo a casual game?

I predict SSBB will do the same thing as Halo 3. Make people desert the game for a week, then come back.

On 2007-10-06 08:11, Yuicihi wrote:
    On 2007-10-06 07:01, DavidNel wrote:
    Since when is Halo a casual game?

I predict SSBB will do the same thing as Halo 3. Make people desert the game for a week, then come back.

Thing is, SSBB is the type of game that lasts a long time. Sure, you can unlock all of the available content, but you'll want to be coming back for more.

Although, keep in mind I'm sure it won't be AS popular as Halo 3 was, but still very popular.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17