Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In Rainbows comes out in less than three days. Has anyone else pre-ordered the digital download and/or the discbox? I pre-ordered my discbox tonight, and will be eagerly downloading the album with my voucher come Wednesday.

Did anyone on here pay $0.00 for the digital-only download?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-10-08 00:24 ]</font>

Sounds like all kinds of awesome... I haven't done so yet... but perhaps I should.

I definitely want it.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

I was trying to pay 7 pounds, but server goof-ups left me paying 0.00.

Wait, what? There's exclusive stuff in the digital version? Oh well. CD ftw, and leeching bonus stuff online. :3

I've been waiting. Since Kid A. And Rainbows better be damn well better than The Eraser

Down for the Getdown

BTW I'm just discovering Radiohead. What are some other good albums by them?

On 2007-10-07 21:32, Firocket1690 wrote:
    Wait, what? There's exclusive stuff in the digital version? Oh well. CD ftw, and leeching bonus stuff online. :3

I've been waiting. Since Kid A. And Rainbows better be damn well better than The Eraser
    You've got it kind of in reverse. It's the discbox that has the bonus materials on CD. The digital version has just the main album.

Seeing as how The Eraser was Yorke's solo album, I doubt that In Rainbows will sound much like it.

On 2007-10-07 22:51, DizzyDi wrote:
    BTW I'm just discovering Radiohead. What are some other good albums by them?
    I've listened to all of their albums except Pablo Honey (their debut), so I'll say a bit about each.

The Bends is their most straightforward "rock" album. It's all-around solid, but I still find it somewhat less accessible than OK Computer.

OK Computer is their most famous and critically-hailed work. Simply put, there's not a single bad track on the album. Highly recommended.

Kid A is a lot more experimental than anything they had done before it. Lots of flourishes of jittery electronica, abstract lyrics, and free jazz. It takes a while to get into, but it's probably my personal favorite.

Amnesiac is an album proper, but is often considered to be more of a compilation, given that it is made of tracks that didn't make it onto Kid A, and that it has somewhat lackluster sequencing. It has lots of great songs on it, though.

Hail to the Thief is their longest record, and it has a sound that borrows from all of their previous works. Some of the tracks are jittery and electronic, some are more straightforward rock, some are a fusion of both, and so on.

I'd recommend you try them in this order: OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, and The Bends.

Summary: all of their albums are good, so you should check out whichever sounds the most interesting to you.

I still think The Bends is better than OK Computer. >_>

But to each his own, but they're all great albums, except Pablo Honey, which is mediocre at best.

For anyone who pre-ordered: the album is live, as of right now. I am downloading it currently.

Check those inboxes people!

Albums friggen amaazing.
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

It's a lot more mellow than I was expecting, but I definitely am liking it. I'm only on my second listen, and my favorite tracks so far are 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, and Videotape.