Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, nice job man.

Haha, very cool.

I finally learnt how to sew a constant button hole stitch/blanket stitch and finished the badge completely. It's four inches (102mm ish) in diameter and the edges shouldn't fray at this point.

At one point, I thought about filling in the black areas with black thread to reinforce the entire patch and to make it look a little bit more even but with some advice from a friend, I decided against it.

I'm planning to do more on a much smaller scale, something like three inches (76mm ish) because the edge took a LOT of thread to fill in. Hopefully, it'll take only one spool of thread this time instead of three! (Not like thread's expensive at £0.67 a spool but running right to the end of the spool on the train gets frustrasting when you've still got twenty minutes left to do something.)

I'll update once I get another Purplenum done then I'll work on the other IDs. (Still not looking forward to Bluefull and Pinkal)

On 2007-10-22 20:17, Typheros wrote:
    That is *cool*. My HUnewearl was a Purplenum ^_^

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Whoa, that's downright awesome. Good job!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

That's totally sweet. If you make more, you could probably sell them at anime cons.

...I'd buy a Skyly or Whitill... >.>

Hell yeah! I want a Purplenum patch like that. I, personally, would have made it on a blank boy scout patrol patch, but that is still kick ass! My main character Alex, on the GC is Purplenum. Whitill would be nice for BB Alex (as shown in my sig).

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

THank you all, my character's name's Alex too and I was rather disappointed that the Section ID calculator changed in Blue Burst but it's goo to know that it's a rather "easy" ID to do.

Do you really think it's okay to sell these? THey're all handmade so I wouldn't be able to mass produce them in a rush and they were only intended to be presents to my friends whom were with me during PSO.

(Also in the pipeliines are SectionID pillows, bathroom rugs and normal rugs but one step at a time, right?)

Managed to finish both of these IDs in time for Christmas. I was right, it takes about twenty hours to complete each ID with the new size (three inches in diameter) but the hardest part isn't in the embroidery itself, it's finding the right lighting and managing to get the trace of the ID onto the cloth.

I've got dressmaker's tracing paper and washable liquid pen marker to further strengthen the lines. You may or may not be able to tell from the picture but the Bluefull badge is REALLY distorted as in, it's not totally even and round. I think this shows it better:

Lastly, I'm most proud of the way I'm leveling up getting better with getting smoother and more even stitches than I did with the Purplenum ID. Less material's been used in both of these IDs; much less than that of my much larger Purplenum badge (but they still took more than 8m of six strand thread to embroider though).

I'm working on Viridia, Greennill and Skyly next but these three, I won't be able to get done for Christmas (not with Royal Mail's expected two week delivery estimates... x.x).

EDIT: On second glance, turning it upside down and looking at it from the photograph, maybe I Shouldn't have extended the bottom parts of the "blades" on the Bluefull ID.... I think it's too late to use a stitch ripper to repair the damage so I'll just have to leave it and hope that my friend will like it and won't mind that flaw.

EDIT2: Damnit, I just noticed the other flaws I have on the Redria, eneven and unsymmetrical down the middle... x.X Looks like I need some more practice...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2007-12-18 15:09 ]</font>

Sweet! Personally, I'd ask you for a Purplenum one, but you do what you do. I'm not going to impress anything

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe