View Poll Results: Topic n_n;

<font size="-3">[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2007-10-24 08:08 ]</font>

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fortefighter

5 7.35%
  • Fortetecher

4 5.88%
  • Fighgunner

5 7.35%
  • Guntecher

22 32.35%
  • Fortegunner

2 2.94%
  • Protranser

20 29.41%
  • Wartecher

10 14.71%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

If we are talking about soloing, fG. You don't need techs if you have items. Particularly if the items are better than the spells...

EOF

If you had to say Solo.....Fortegunner would probably get the job done slowest, and FT because of suvival problems In a team though, everyone has a use so it's really hard to vote.

Slow, LOL! Speed runs are pretty much best done with fGs solo...

I wouldn't call a Fortegunner faster than a Fortefighter but they are good for soloing these missions. The only thing that remotely slows any Ranger-types down in Parum is Svaltus, but all you need there is anything that can proc Virus. Crossbows and Shotguns are also excellent for EX missions. I still think Fortefighter wins in terms of DPS though.

I put in my vote for Fortetechers being the worst, in terms of soloing. In my experience anyway, soloing using nothing but Technics is not fun at all, Dambarta or not. It at least isn't as easy as guns or melee weapons. Not to mention really low HP and DFP is not what you want when you're trying to Gidiga a bunch of Go Vahra.

melee (fortefight mainly) is probably the most useful types right now - all enemies that take awhile to kill have multiple spots - Majarra anyone?
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-10-24 06:28, Typheros wrote:
    I put in my vote for Fortetechers being the worst, in terms of soloing. In my experience anyway, soloing using nothing but Technics is not fun at all, Dambarta or not. It at least isn't as easy as guns or melee weapons. Not to mention really low HP and DFP is not what you want when you're trying to Gidiga a bunch of Go Vahra.
    See, this is where my bit saying GT/WT are probably good for soloes (Although not much experience WT wise, just the principal of the class)

When I got my main character to 60, I wanted to do A Rank Story missions for frags. First did 10-1 (Wow, Ethan TORE APART CURTZ, it wasn't even funny), then I went to 1-1. And I finished it as Fortetecher, with a C RANK. I was like, "Wait, what? How the fuck can I do that better?"

Then I remembered that Gohmon were tech resistant. And then learned that Ageeta were tech resistant.

So went through as Guntecher and was able to do it. Although I need more bullets levelled, I had to rely almost exclusively on my crossbow >_>

fG vs fF DPS usually depends on the mob. Given the spawns in the Parum mission, its about split I'd say. Svaltus puts fGs at a bit of a disadvantage though. But Virus + Multi-hitting (if you are lucky you can score 3) takes them out pretty fast. The problem is the Svaltus spin move will eat HP pretty quickly. Moatoob is also kinda split. fFs suck with the handful of flyers, and aren't quite as efficient with Vandas, but bullets do nothing to Kog Nadds and Bil de Vears...

Worst? My guess would be WarTecher. They're lacking in raw power, and the versatility on the class is primarily support techs instead of SE.

You can't _own_ the Moatoob mission without a gunner, it's as simple as that. On the other hand if there's anything you can't have enough of in any situation, it's probably fighters. They're pretty good against almost everything and especially the huge number of cannon-fodder enemies you have to fight.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

Gi-spells and xbows FTW!!

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

honestly, i think it would be GT. the xbow/mechgun does more damage with an FG, and the buffs are pointless because of agtarides and zodiarides. bows on the boss is the only real advantage here.

PT does pretty well, I use Dus Majarra on most enemies, I have shotgun for melee resistant ones, and bow for the dragon when he flies.

FT lacks in casting speed but can make up for it in big numbers, especially dambarta-ing groups of enemies. svaltus is really the only slow part, since you can't virus or multi-hit him.

FI shouldn't be too bad, i dont have one myself so i can't say for sure. Melee/mechguns should be all you need. twinnies for flyers.

As for WT, the melee doesn't stand up to FF, but overall its still better than GT and maybe even PT. majarra, hishou, card and bow. even dambarta if you like.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF