Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, n00b poster here..

I'm working on a lvl 10 HUnewearl right now, using knife +10 (daggers are sooo much fun..) and my mag has just gone through its second evolution to Rudra, pretty much stuck to feeding it mates right from the get-go.

I'm planning on sticking to dagger-type weapons and meleeing (with a few techiniques thrown in). Should I continue to pump POW at the expense of other mag stats? i figured on maybe pumping up DEF instead for better protection when melleeing or will I find myself in an ATP bind later on when trying to equip better daggers/ and or not doing enough damage?

Any thoughts from experienced dagger weilding HUnewearls out there?

Thanks

I would probably boost up my ATA, since it became critical on GCN PSO.

I would create a first MAG with high ATA, maybe over 80. Then, when your chara will reach higher levels, I'd start to raise a new MAG with less ATA and more MIND or POW.

I wouldn't bother pumping up DEF since Hunnies already have nice DEF stat. Personally, I prefer EVP than DEF: it's better to evade a hit than taking less damage from it, uh? However, as you already know, you can boost your EVP with mats and Armors/Shields. Also take note you already have Jellen and Deband. These should be your best DEF's friends. ^_^;

Another thing: since support spells (S/D and J/Z) are not MST dependants I would not bother pumping up so much the MAG's MIND stat. I only use attack spells to bring down Canadines from ceiling or to eventually freeze a crowd of critters.

Hope this helps! u.u;;;

Tenko, my hunewearl, has used daggers since she got the ATA to equip them, and it's also almost exclusively what she uses.

That being said, I can't give much advice - my mag (Garuda) is more of a fashion accessory than anything else. I would probably say, though, it depends on what you want to do. If you want to make a tank (which you probably don't, or else you'd have made a Hucast) then pump up Power and Dexterity. My own suggestion is to pump up mind, so that you can get higher level techs sooner - the idea for me behind picking a Hunewearl is giving up a small amount of hunter ability for a large amount of force ability, and pumping up your mags mind will help even more with that.

Of course, when you get to the mines you'll start finding more mags so you could try making one of each kind.

Neko... best sig picture evar, hilarious..

Thanks guys, the general consensus is don't bother with DEF , as i've got plenty. Gonna raise a second mag with strictly fluids i think so as to be able to swap it out when i snag higher lvl technique disks.

I guess I'll give the example of my own MAG. Here's the approximate stats:

DEF: 31
    POW: 97
    DEX: 40
    MIND: 32

This MAG has considerable dex because ATA becomes very crucial by the time you make it to Ultimate mode. No point in having a lot of ATP if you can't hit, right?

The mind stat is also pretty significant because I use a LOT of Resta, Jellen/Zalure, Shifta/Deband and Rabarta (great defensive tech).

The pow stat is lower than your average HUnter MAG because I play the support role almost as much as I play the offensive role. So obviously, those extra points went to mind instead of pow. Even though my HUne does a little less damage than the other HUnters on the field, she is still indirectly causing more damage to the enemies because of S/D/J/Z.

The def stat was just a mistake and a waste. I should never have let it go past 24 or so.

All through the Hard and VHard levels, I used to regret taking away so much pow away from my MAG, but now I love it. If I could do it all over again, I would put some of those def points into pow though.

Your playing style will probably be different than mine, so adjust your MAG stats accordingly. Otherwise, you can always check out the MAG guides on this site.

Because of the materials limit on GCN PSO (125 for huns), mags suddenly become much more important in how you will fare throughout the game. You'll probably need more than one, maybe even more than two, mags depending on where you are in terms of leveling.

As someone mentioned above, the most important thing early on is some good ATA (probably around 50 or above on the first mag). Hunewearls have consistent defense, so you shouldn't have to worry about this too much beyond level 50 or so. Personally, I'm a fan of techniques, and like to mix it up with my Hunewearl when slash-slash-slash gets a little boring. Depending on what you prefer in terms of magic quotients, this number can vary. But I like to take advantage of our ability to keep somewhat on par with forces (if you know what you're doing). =D

Early on, I'd recommend a mag setup like this:

DEF: 30
    POW: 70
    DEX: 50
    MIND: 50

However, once you reach level 55 onward, you'll notice that your ATP boost per level becomes MUCH lower, a consistent 3 right up to where I am now, at level 127. However, defensive boosts will go up drastically, and hopefully by this time you will have some DEX to spare. Around level 100, start creating a mag that looks something like this:

DEF: 10
    POW: 102
    DEX: 30
    MIND: 58

(This by the way is the current mag I'm designing)

Hope I somewhat helped you out there. =P

-Oph

i have tons of the 9star daggers, thank you oran ID anyways i got cross scars bloody arts blade dance ect, those are the only cool lookin ones btw and ur welcome to em. just give me an IM or a PM and ill find you online and give you them

I personally don't care all that much if I end up with max stats. I don't find it worth the trouble to count how many materials of each kind I'm using and all that stuff. If I find a mat, I use it. If I'm not hitting stuff, I'll use units and add dex to my mag. If I can't equip something, I'll raise the power. I'm sure I'll turn out fine in the end...That was a little off topic, eh?

You also want to factor in your final Mag's special abilities which will be affected by the stat balance at level 200. The consensus seems to be that mags that cast invincibility in all three situations seem to be the most popular ones to raise. Here are some examples from the DC version (I'm not familiar with the new ones in GC):

Apsaras
    Bana
    Nandin
    Soma

Guntz348: thanks for the offer. When i actually get a BBA and get on line i'll take you up on it