Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2007-10-28 20:51, omegapirate2k wrote:
    On 2007-10-28 20:33, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    On 2007-10-28 20:05, mizukage wrote:
    Will Ethan be the main character again in the Episode 4??? Ethan is awesome!!!
    Spoilers: There is no Episode 4.
    Oh noes, there is more down here
    uh oh

And no, they said Episode 3 is the final episode of the current story.

[b]On 2007-10-28 21:12, Ffuzzy-Logik
    That "current" part is very open to wild interpretation, though XD

It looks like Rudy and Fal all over again in a few of those photos. Honestly though there are still unanswered questions, especially considering that it's still unknown how Ragol will be playing into things. Also if the sun was also a part of this, what happened to the ancient civilization? Why didn't they activate it? Also what about the Illuminus? What happened to them? This just leaves more questions than answers all things considered, unless Episode 4 will be a journey to clean the universe of the SEED, not just Gurhal at which point Ragol and possibly Algol and Copto and a number of other yet to be seen systems may come into play. Considering this, I don't think SEGA has dropped its 5 year plan.

As to the choice system, that may also come well into play especially since it has already been said that its possible for characters to die, so it's possible a wrong choice some where could end up killing Ethan. We all remember Laia Vs Ethan in the flaming Rozenom City. There's also something unsettling about Ethan himself in those photos. He's not wearing his new clothing anymore. If anything this hasn't killed the story, instead it makes me want to follow Episode 3 to see how things play out instead.

(Besides, there's also apparently a Hal interview of Magashi somewhere in there too based on my recent deep diving of the AOI files.

Note: This link is also a spoiler. Also if you do listen, please turn your volume way down. The audio is corrupted on this and will only play properly when released in game. http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/gc5.mp3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-10-28 22:48 ]</font>

On 2007-10-28 20:25, RedX wrote:
    Source?

I'm personally calling Photoshop on this. Considering those are FMV's of an obviously higher quality then the rest of the online ones. Another thing is they're obviously camera shots taken off of a TV or monitor. The only way to get at files that held this(if they exist, which i doubt) is to get them from the DATA files on a PC, which then you could get a full quality screen shot.

Just a little side note but another reason this seems very fake is the lack of mention of Ryucross

i want to hear more, no really i do.

[quote]On 2007-10-29 03:30, coolaid wrote:
    On 2007-10-28 20:25, RedX wrote:
    Source?

I'm personally calling Photoshop on this. Considering those are FMV's of an obviously higher quality then the rest of the online ones. Another thing is they're obviously camera shots taken off of a TV or monitor. The only way to get at files that held this(if they exist, which i doubt) is to get them from the DATA files on a PC, which then you could get a full quality screen shot.

Just a little side note but another reason this seems very fake is the lack of mention of Ryucross

if you've played ep1 story mode, you'll know there's no way i can make screenies like this with pre exsisting fmvs, it's certainly not full quality since i took it off a jp site, but it's not fake either.

you don't have to rip out the video files, you said you doubt they're even there, well...you'll find you soon enough, since everyone has already completed jp aoi story mode. the bbs is filled with ppl whining about the ending, if you don't want to believe me that's ok, since i'm forcing myself back into an english community and hey, it's the usual cold treatment anyways. never expected much.
    do point out more about how fake this is, i really don't mind, no really, go right ahead. i'd like to know more myself, oh yes.

email sega and sonic team then, but hey, you know they have a tendency to ignore english emails, but go right ahead if verification is what you want, just throw in something like 'illegal leak' and they'll be more than happy to answer your email that their bbs is already filled with dissatisfied folks butchering their franchise with parodies, you know, the usual, ah but you already know that too eh?

oh and everyone called the ending "swimming in the ocean of stars", but heh you've problely already heard of it, can't stand those funny comments that pop up when the video plays eh? yes it's there, in that site, and as of writing access has already been restricted, as they do everyday.

so now that you know where i got this from, you can go look for it yourself.

edited: well someone just spam me with flames, guess there's no point doing all of this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coolaid on 2007-10-29 05:22 ]</font>

The ending doesn't mean anything without knowing what led up to it, plain and simple. This may very well not even be the full ending--merely the pre-rendered portion of it. Using Episode 1 as an example, the only portion of it that was pre-rendered was the destruction of the HIVE by the AMF fleet. Heck, it may not actually end up being used at all: there are numerous examples (KOTOR II, GTA: San Andreas, et al.) of game data remaining in the retail release of the game despite being unused. It's easy enough to make a snap, prima facie judgment, but it's too early, and this isn't enough.

On 2007-10-29 03:32, coolaid wrote:
    you don't have to rip out the video files, you said you doubt they're even there, well...you'll find you soon enough, since everyone has already completed jp aoi story mode.
    The offline Story Mode of Ambition of the Illuminus is simply a revamped version of Episode 2. Only Chapter 1 of Episode 3 has been released thus far in the expansion's Network Mode: therefore, no one could have actually completed it yet.

On 2007-10-28 21:12, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    That could mean anything, really. An "Episode 4" might decide to pick up five minutes after Episode 3 left off with a new villain suddenly arriving in Gurhal after the SEED have been ousted. Probably not, but it's just an example: the SEED, Illuminus, all that is done, but a new conflict arises anyway.

On 2007-10-28 22:36, Jonathan_F wrote:
    (Besides, there's also apparently a Hal interview of Magashi somewhere in there too based on my recent deep diving of the AOI files.

Note: This link is also a spoiler. Also if you do listen, please turn your volume way down. The audio is corrupted on this and will only play properly when released in game. http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/gc5.mp3
    Although corrupted, that actually sounds more like Hal's regular report being interrupted by the Illuminus rather than an interview. Magashi (Howzer?) only seems to laugh, followed by static.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Wow, getting a little senstive there. You post something of an unknown source and you expect everyone to believe you with no question?

If you think thats a flame, your in for a shock if you stay here. All i was doing was posting my first impressions about it. It's just some normal human skepticism, nothing more, nothing less. I haven't even bothered to actually look at the pictures in more detail.

You'd also be quite surprised what people can do with, Photoshop. It's almost limitless, so it wouldn't be that hard for someone that knows what they're doing.

Since everyones already completed jp story mode, eh? You realize that only two episodes of ep3 are realized and offline is ep2. And if memory servers(might not, check a lonnnnng time ago) the actually episode data is stored on SEGA's server.

And yes the only way to view something unrealized is though a PC at one point. Not to get PC Full quality screen shots is rather pointless.

Oh and still no source, just a mention of a jp BBS. Links are helpful. If its all over it then it shouldn't be hard to find one topic about it and link it.

Episode 3 is getting fully rendered stuff from files on the disk. So I don't doubt this. At the end of chapter 1, Hal comes on screen introducing Laia as the new president of the Guardians and it's fully pre-rendered.

On 2007-10-29 07:09, RedX wrote:
    Wow, getting a little senstive there. You post something of an unknown source and you expect everyone to believe you with no question?

If you think thats a flame, your in for a shock if you stay here. All i was doing was posting my first impressions about it. It's just some normal human skepticism, nothing more, nothing less. I haven't even bothered to actually look at the pictures in more detail.

You'd also be quite surprised what people can do with, Photoshop. It's almost limitless, so it wouldn't be that hard for someone that knows what they're doing.

Since everyones already completed jp story mode, eh? You realize that only two episodes of ep3 are realized and offline is ep2. And if memory servers(might not, check a lonnnnng time ago) the actually episode data is stored on SEGA's server.

And yes the only way to view something unrealized is though a PC at one point. Not to get PC Full quality screen shots is rather pointless.

Oh and still no source, just a mention of a jp BBS. Links are helpful. If its all over it then it shouldn't be hard to find one topic about it and link it.

oh where was i, oh yes, the flame? huh? i said i got flame spam, isn't that a big enough hint? it's in my pm

you're right about how we all are entitle to being skeptical, but do you really think this applies in this thread? with these screenies?

i said earlier, if you completed story mode for psu, doesn't matter if it's ep1 or 2, you'd know that it's impossible for me to make scenes such as ones with ethan and karen almost in tears, or the final scene with gural system, or even the waving scene with happy friends, these were never presented in ep1, and there there were never scenes like this in any other psu bonus material, so how do i make them?

alot of ppl here have provided to me that they really despises the story portion of the game and never even touched it, hence i said earlier to you, if you played it, you wouldn't called this fake, there was noway i can make scenes like this with pre-existing fmvs, it's certainly not rendered either; ethan and karen were soaring in space towards the landeel.

the purple aura makes this all look fake, but if anyone is to be blame it's sega, merai's eyes are purple, her spirit casted an aura on ethan pior to the explosion and saved them, and the aura is purple, get it? i know now, you don't seem to be very familiar with the storyline, nor the fmvs in ep1, so you're not really entitle to be that skeptical. photoshop can only alter what's already there, it can't create a scene such as ethan clinging onto karen, and so i said earlier if you've played and finish ep1 and ep2 story mode, you'll know i can't fabricate a scene like this, not even using the scene in ep1 where karen hugged ethan, as her face was facing in a different angle, all it takes is one look to wade awy your skepticism, but since you kept on insisting it's fake, it only shows you're not too familier with the storyline of ep1.

i made clear hint as to where i obtain this video, i said there's a user limit in the site, and comments are stream along side the video, that's already a big enough hint, the site's user limit gets breach all the time and i'm having trouble staying logged in as well, you need jp language packs to even read and type to search the video, and i assume you know how to register in jp. but after telling you all of this in my previous post, you're saying that i implied i got this from a bbs? did you really read my post? i don't mind if you don't, but don't jump to your conclusion, and i'm not going to type everything again, you can go check my previous post yourself.

i think you should stop cling onto your skepticism, oh and the site i mention is free again, since everyone is already asleep, now that i'm in, i've obtained the trump card shatter. i should have done this earlier but i was too lazy, and insted only mention it in words, well here you go.

skepticism is something that should be utilize only when you have something to back up your claim, calling this fake without any solid proof besides telling all of us that you're entitle and rightful to doubt the ligitlity, then calling all of this photoshop without bringing old fmvs from ep1 and use them to proof how fake mine are, then not reading my post, proudly declaring that i consider myself being flamed when i simply said "edited: i got flame spam", not reading about the hints i gave earlier as to where i got this....

i really don't know how you'll respond to below, but i hope you'll like them. oh yes.

SPOILER!!!!!!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7281/sunld1.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5435/sun2qy5.jpg

oh and i'm guess you foubted these, so happy ethan spoiler

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8256/moewd5.jpg

earlier i ask you to point out the photos that looked fake, are you going to give that a go?

just as the person above said, fmvs such as laia's news conference, the purum riot are all already included in aoi. sega planned one step ahead, as they did with ep1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coolaid on 2007-10-29 20:36 ]</font>