View Poll Results: Please explain your reasoning.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 26.79%
  • no

41 73.21%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

On 2007-11-06 07:15, u_r wrote:
    there is no unfair advantage to this, you do things a few mins faster thats about it
    That is what rational, intelligent people call "an unfair advantage". The glitch allows you to perform better than you would be able to do without it, ergo, it is an unfair advantage and bannable via the Terms of Use.

So is Megiverse stacking, by the way, and I fully endorse the banning of anyone who used either glitch.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

I feel the same way, really. If someone is exploiting said glitch, then I think measures should be taken against that member. Whether it be a ban or suspension, something should be done.

If nothing is done, then what happens? Well..we have a LOT of people running around exploiting it and when a big group of people do a particular thing, what happens?

They all begin thinking that they aren't doing anything wrong. A lot of times, if a majority says it's not wrong, then people will believe that. It follows the lines of, "Well..400 people are doing this, so..it can't possibly be wrong, right?".

It's just silly, really. It's like people exploiting the goggles glitch with the Laser Cannon. So many people started saying, "It's not a glitch" and claiming that it was "okay' to use such a thing, when..well...fact is, it wasn't.

No two ways about it, really. A glitch is a glitch. It doesn't matter if a million people are exploiting it. That doesn't make it right. When so many people begin exploiting it, they become dependent on it, so now..a lot of people are getting upset about the removal of the goggles glitch because they were used to using it so much.

Exploting a glitch enables you to perform past the capabilities of your character, therefore, I would call it the same as cheating..and if it's cheating, it is not legit.

Remember, just because it's in the game and you can do it..certainly doesn't mean it's right

What makes me laugh though is that maybe a week or so ago, someone mentioned having 3 fG's using the mech glitch and a fT just nuking...

...and STILL couldn't clear an EX. That's just sad >_>

by saying it is a glitch, that's already halfway there indicating that its illegal.

It's not legit. At all.

It's a real shame, actually... I carry a machinegun when I'm playing Fortegunner, and people routinely boot me when they see that I'm...

Gods forbid...

Using the thing without cheating.
    Hurr.

you shouldn't ban people for finding problems with the code, sega should just be smart and fix it, and that's what is going to happen

find any other game where someone exploits a glitch, if it's pvp, players may kick them from the match, but the game makers just fix it and that's it. My friend exploited a glitch in Team Fortress 2, it was fixed THE NEXT DAY. It's not our fault sega is slower

THE JACKEL

Definitely illegitimate, but definitely doesn't require a ban. You're not breaking game code, just using what's already there.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Since apparently, the previous two posters didn't read over this, I'm going to quote something Sychosis quoted:

On 2007-11-04 14:08, Sychosis wrote:
    Pursuant to the terms of the PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Subscriber Agreement and Terms of Service (the "Subscriber Agreement"), by accessing the online features of PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE (the "Program"), you are prohibited from engaging in any of the below conduct while using or not using the Program, without the prior written approval of SEGA.

9. Exploiting a bug in the Program or server to gain any advantage, including communicating the existence of any such bug, in any form, to another user or to a third party.
    There's nothing wrong with stumbling across something and going, "oops?", however..it's a TOTALLY different scenario when someone begins exploiting the glitch to gain an advantage.

Just clearing that up.

halo2.net/eMeLgEePROSTIX4LIFE_SteadyBR?lockOutAllDay.php=own edonownedtactics4life&MySniperisInsaneKids.....cle arly states that this glitch is not legit and should not be used in the dav10 or celestite8 blocks.
    I am a kubara product.

hell yea its legit its not are fault sega screwed up and some nerd figured it out and let the psu world no also who wants 2 spend 30hrs lvl mg pa's. it will be gone soon so use it up while u can