Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC: New voices

On 2007-11-23 15:51, Typheros wrote:
    Good to see that people are getting Sega's attention about it. I was really exited about new voices and this disappointed me a bit.

But speaking of new voices....did anyone else just SQUEE with happiness at some of the CASTs in Metrolinear? "Forgive me, Howzer...."
    Yeah i was like SWEEET when i heard soem of the new missions ingame voices.Makes it a bit more fun to hear their death thralls.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

On 2007-11-23 15:55, Pentence wrote:
    On 2007-11-23 15:51, Typheros wrote:
    Good to see that people are getting Sega's attention about it. I was really exited about new voices and this disappointed me a bit.

But speaking of new voices....did anyone else just SQUEE with happiness at some of the CASTs in Metrolinear? "Forgive me, Howzer...."
    Yeah i was like SWEEET when i heard soem of the new missions ingame voices.Makes it a bit more fun to hear their death thralls.
    I heard Laia Nanoblast earlier today, she yells "I'LL DESTROY YOOOOUUU!!!". It was badass.

sent this in to them, figured i'd let you guys alter and use so we can get noticed and get it fixed quicker.

Recently, it has become apparent that somewhere along the line something has gone wrong.

The problem we players are facing are that only SOME players are able to experience the new voices on Phantasy Star Universe: ambition of the illuminus.

The problem itself appears to be only with the US version of the PC and Xbox 360 clients, playstation 2 players are able to hear the new voices, whereas the 360 and Pc players have not such new content.

When a PC and playstation 2 player join in the same game, the playstation 2 player hears the Pc player speaking on certain voice clips. These same clips, when played on the PC players end, only appear as grunts and growls, as was the original Phantasy Star Universe.

For example, PC player would hear a gutteral roar for a nanoblast, whereas the playstation 2 player hears a phrase such as 'Can you handle this!?'.

This minor detail becomes annoying when the playstation 2 player points them out, and the Pc player is left confused and angry that he (or she) is missing this vital, but simple content.

I emplore you to rectify this issue post haste, as alot of us players find the new voices an exciting new addition to the experience.

Thank you in advance~

Seems polite and to the point. Hears hoping they agree with me and listen. >_>
    RPG Cliche #189: The Moral Of The Story (Ghaleon Rule): Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

Heh, mine is less polite. I told them outright that is appalling that they didnt deliver what they promised on the official site. NEW VOICES for PC and PS2. And then I told them to fix it immediatly. A firm complaint with no sugarcoating, that's my motto. XD

It's not a big deal because a lot of the new phrases are annoying, but I'm curious about what happened.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I have sent in a support ticket through the user-interface nightmare that is their new knowledge base. I would like to see this fixed as well.

Well I was just testing something out with my PS2 friend. Since I hear the same voices for two consecutive voices I decided to run in our game using one, then the switched and used the next. Well, he says he hears the exact same voice(the new one) for BOTH voices.
    Well apparently sega fucked up twice. We hear the old voice for both voices on pc, they hear the new for both on PS2, unless I just happened to pick the absolute wrong voice to test it with. *shrug*

Signature by Gama

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Well, that's disappointing. I'm sure it won't take too long to be fixed, but I was looking forward to hearing a voice on Levia.

LOL, me and Ryoki have mock how bad the male quotes are! "Activating weapon systems"
    Some of you's should be glad not to have those douchebag male voices. XP

Female ones aren't bad though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-11-23 20:17 ]</font>
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)