Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Some extra info that wasn't posted already in this thread:

Xbox version is meant to include one extra character.

Xbox version is able to save all characters on the Hard Drive 12 allowed in total.

Q : Will the Xbox PSO be able to play with the Gamecube PSO?

Q : How will the lobby's work with voice chat?

Q : What are the Japanese, US, Europe release dates?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MongolHunter on 2003-01-08 12:41 ]</font>

No PSO game is able to be played with any other...this has been asked a million times....

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Xboxers will have themselves and the 5 japanese people that own Xboxes to play with ONLY!!!

Can you give the fanboy shit a rest? Sheesh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-01-07 14:23 ]</font>

On 2003-01-07 10:58, Pants wrote:
    does it really have that usb thingy in the box?
    did the usb thingy ship with jap pso?
    p.s (what does p.s stand for?) and usb thingy is its new name till it gets a real name
    The USB Keyboard Adapter ships with Xbox Live/PSO in Japan... I'm not sure if it is intended to be bundled with the GAME or with XBL (since the game itself is included in the XBL kit there).

As far as North America, we don't know if we'll get the USB Keyboard Adapter or not. Let's hope so.

On 2003-01-07 12:01, MongolHunter wrote:
    Q : Will the Xbox PSO be able to play with the Gamecube PSO?

Q : How will the lobby's work with voice chat?

Q : What are the Japanese, US, Europe release dates?
    Q1: No, Xbox PSO will be on Microsoft's servers and won't be able to connect with other versions. (Unless something changes on that front, but it seems unlikely.)

Q2: We assume that you will be able to hear players who are closer to you, and not hear players on the other side of the room. Though they haven't said for sure how it will work.

Q3: Japanese release date is confirmed as January 16. U.S. release date seems to be Feb. 25, though it hasn't been officially confirmed. I haven't heard about the European release date, but I assume it will get there at some point.

What the hell does "jap" stand for?
    japanes(i know i did not spell it right)
    but call it the USB thingy
    and wtf does P.S stand for?

Mercenary for Hire

P.S. stands for "Post Scriptum",meaning you add a little commentary that you forgot or think can help better understand the main topic....example:

P.S. please don't turn this sticky into a system bashing,fanboy arguments...you don't like the XBox(probably because you don't own one) and have no plans on getting the XBox version of PSO,stay out of this topic.

On 2003-01-08 02:32, Riel wrote:
    P.S. stands for "Post Scriptum",meaning you add a little commentary that you forgot or think can help better understand the main topic....example:

P.S. please don't turn this sticky into a system bashing,fanboy arguments...you don't like the XBox(probably because you don't own one) and have no plans on getting the XBox version of PSO,stay out of this topic.
    Don't worry its not, anyone posting such comments will have their posts deleted by me and receiving a Warning count from me. Oh, so there's your warning guys. Stay on topic, not on opinion.

On 2003-01-06 20:32, Kalbelgarion wrote:
    Okay, I'll try to cover the basics here:

-The game is being released with the XBOX Starter kit in Japan on 1/16/03. The Japanese have to pay a 600Yen/month fee because they get the game for free.
    That`s serious? I think that's some excuse you thought. Is true that the games or demos gift with Xbox Live in US aren't as impressive as PSO but a) they were 2 b)In japan they must give more than in US, if PSO US is free of fee it results to be cheaper than getting it free. c) PSO Episode 1&2 Xbox is distributed by Xbox themselves so Sega or Sonic Team doeasn't care if M$ wants to give it free or not. d) The PSO fee is for Sonic Team/Sega not for Microsoft. Then there's no relation between give the game free and have a fee. Because there are 2 different things that go for 2 different companies.

Skilled Fighter

On 2003-01-08 10:48, Malkavian wrote:
    c) PSO Episode 1&2 Xbox is distributed by Xbox themselves so Sega or Sonic Team doeasn't care if M$ wants to give it free or not. d) The PSO fee is for Sonic Team/Sega not for Microsoft. Then there's no relation between give the game free and have a fee. Because there are 2 different things that go for 2 different companies.
    Sure, Microsoft is running the servers, but Sonic Team would still get a cut of any sales of *their* software. If I purchase this game in the US for $39.99, part of the that money goes to Sega/Sonic Team. In Japan, however, Microsoft and Sonic Team reached an agreement. Microsoft, who would be in charge of the marketing, etc, for this game, will be including it with their XBOX Live Starter Kit. Sonic Team won't see any individual software sales over there. Therefore, they will be allowed to charge a small monthly fee so that they can continuously make money on the deal.

Oh, and conserning a European release date: Since the game would be completed by your launch of XBOX Live (Mid-to-late March, I believe), I'd expect it to be an XBOX Live launch title, or to be released shortly thereafter. Of course, videogame companies try to pretend that Europe doesn't exist, so I may very well be wrong.