Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Alrighty kids, here's the basis of my lesson.

To inform you on trading crap items for uber rares.

Ettiquette on posting in peoples threads.

Etc.

Before I go on, please. . . It is NOT called. . . I repeat. . . It is NOT called OLGA DNA for Christ sakes. Parasitic Gene "Flow/u" is the better term for it, kthx.

The following is a bad example of an offer.

"i will trde 2 mshsuhi's a g-light, and rappys fan 4 ur RIKAS CLAW"

No.

Multiple crap items do not work for people, if you're gonna offer 40 crap rares for something like the Olga Gene, then don't bother typing.

The following are uber rare items that will not be traded for garbage, unless you have another item on the list for the same offer.

Yasminkov7000V
    Sealed J-Sword
    Yamigarasu
    Yasha
    Parasitic Gene
    God/Ability
    Demonic Fork
    Broom
    Section ID Cards
    Book of Hitogata
    Handgun:GULD
    Handgun:MILLIA
    Guldmilia

Example of a bad request:

Topic: I NDE YASHA!

My list:

Dragon Slayer
    DB Saber

We'll stop here. Don't bother posting 9*'s. Give those to the Salvation Army thread.

Next on the agenda. Ettiquette

A simple thread.

I need Yasminkov2000H

"I Don't need anything else, that's all, heres my list."

*ITEMS HERE*

Next post.

"i dun hav 2000H bt I want ur *item here* take some PD's 4 it?"

Bad. Bad. Bad. If the man asks for only a certain item, don't bitch him for something else.

Oh, and PD's. The whole "would you take PD's for your *semi-uber rare here*" is seriously bad trading. Offer something of better value, not PD's, huh? -.-;

People have "Want lists". That's a simple thing to understand, right? If you offer something that's not on their want list, don't bother.

Also, I've seen back and forth "what do you want for your *rare here*?"

"what do you have?"

"what do you need?"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

People, be ready to post lists, give trade links, etc. Don't be lazy and such.

Next, the whole dupe issue.

Shut the fuck up, theres a Cheaters section JUST a wee bit below this one. Take your tears there, and keep your preaching of the satanism of dupes out of here. If you won't contribute to the trade, go away please. The whole "i bet ths r dped" broken record is old.

Seriously, this is all common sense, I hope most of you get a glimpse of this before it's locked. I never seen dumber trade manners in my PSO life.

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2003-01-07 11:42 ]</font>

Team Legit Panzer Davil

Your right. People that don't have good rares shouldn't even TRY to get better ones through trading. I mean, nobody wants PDrops right?

Seriously. I agree with what you say, except the Pdrop thing. Sometimes that's all you got. And if an individual DOESN'T want Pdrops for something, they will say so in their thread. And if somebody STILL offers Pdrops... well then I agree that's a boo boo.

Besides... some people may be hoping that someone who is trading a dupe (and we all now it is happening) will take pity on them, and trade them for their low level 'crap' rares.

Once again... if you don't like someones trade list, don't read or bother to acknowledge them. I don't think it is fair to tell someone to not even try.

They will just get disappointed alot.

I shoulda clarified on the PD part.

Offering 5 PD's for let's say. . . DF Field sound a bit raunchy to you? I can understand PD's for lower weapons and 9*'s. But for high level armor, and such, it just seems like a rip.

Team Legit Panzer Davil

Eh... Like I said before... different situations call for different offers.

If I had a DF field, and I really wanted some high PDrop item (i.e. Heart Key, Magic Water, Blue/Black, etc), I very well may let my DF field go for PDrops... maybe not 5, more like 8 or more, but still.

But I would make sure to include that in my topic for my trade list. All I think is if somebody doesn't SPECIFICALLY mention that they don't want Pdrops, then there should be no reason NOT to offer them. No harm would be done.

I'm going to sticky this, because it's a nice simple guide and may cut down on unsuccessful trading.

Vote for me For SLEEPYHEAD

I would just like to add that when someone posts a list you shouldnt offer them something that they already have. I was once offered one of three 9 stars for my stag cutlery and to top it off i already had 2 of them and they were on my list.

This is a good guide, but it is kind of elitist and restrictive. I may not have a lot of experience trading PSO but I have a vast amount of experience trading magic. Lots of trading went on with usenet even before the internet had frames, even before it existed even. And it looked a lot like this. The fact of the matter is, sometimes you need 4 common items faster than you can dig them up yourself. I mean really, is a DB's saber for two grinders such a bad trade. Its pretty lousy to treat this forum with such an elitist attitude as to say if you don't have one of theese 10 items don't bother posting.

The problem isn't crappy items, its lack of a method that is adequate for their trade. What you need to use is a point auction if you have some crap and want some other crap. As a matter of fact I think I'll poist one and see if it flies. That seems simpler than posting all the rules here.

We all have different section ID's and characters, we have to be able to trade crap for crap, just to see what all the crap was like for ourselves.

Evil space ninja.

lol this is funny your tell people what is crapy and whats not lol.its not up to you balthor the what ever to decside what is and isn't crapy its up to the trader and i'm not try to be better then anybody i'm just say what i think.lol

DC veterinarian

the only thing that gets me mad is when you see this:

My Have List:
    DB's SABER
    DRAGON SLAYER
    FLOWENS

My Want List:
    Morning glory
    Sange & Yasha
    BKB

if you dont have these dont bother posting

Mage of Power

What I really hate is when u show your items and they show theirs too and they dont have anything you want so you say Im srry I dont see nething.Then they start BEGGING o come on PLZZZZZZZ ill give your 4 of these for that! Come on be nice...... and then they wont leave you alone the whole time your there so u have to leave.*sighs*