Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

After reading the offical boards and seeing that, besides myself, many others can't get on due to the code 51. How hard would it be for them to get off their fat, lazy, lethargic asses and fix this major problem? Will it come to the point where a petition could get them to do it? Maybe we should all boycott PSU untill they see that they are losing money and finally fix this issue. Ad here I was, all hyped and ready to re-join PSOW online for the first time since PSO V2.

I mean, who the bloody hell makes a game with 1/256 of the content in offline, makes you pay for online and then decides to tell you that they hate you and don't want to on their servers?

You name it, I tried it up to reformatting my pc. I think I'm going to go break something now, it's gotten on my nerves that bad. I know it's a game, that's not the point. It's the point I wasted a total of $50 + tax on this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2007-12-01 06:58 ]</font>
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

I felt like a dupe a month after I bought the thing. Waaaaste.

I can still get on and enjoy it myself. My connection works fine too. I dunno what to say except, your connection just sucks

It's absolutely your problem, not Sega's. I can get on just fine.

I mean, who the bloody hell makes a game with 1/256 of the content in offline, makes you pay for online and then decides to tell you that they hate you and don't want to on their servers?
    Nobody. Certainly not Sega.

If its error 51, try disabling security stuff in the boot sequence or uninstalling.

Use msconfig in the run prompt, go to the 4th tab, chekc hide all microsoft services, then disable all. Disable all in the last tab. Reboot and try to see if PSU runs, if it does, something on your system is making it freak out. (McAffee Privacy Service did it to me way back at launch)
    Coming Soon!

On 2007-12-01 16:52, Randomness wrote:
    If its error 51, try disabling security stuff in the boot sequence or uninstalling.

Use msconfig in the run prompt, go to the 4th tab, chekc hide all microsoft services, then disable all. Disable all in the last tab. Reboot and try to see if PSU runs, if it does, something on your system is making it freak out. (McAffee Privacy Service did it to me way back at launch)
    You name it, I tried it. Even uninstalled and reinstalled my Norton. Well, I just got e fomrk. Guess I'll try again for the umpteenth time.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'

Thanks for that advice, Randomness. Just tried that and no go. I tried everything on the official Sega boards, too and nothing. I guess I'll not be joining you people online........ Again. Lets all bring ST up on charges of incompetance and neglegence. I know that many out there would join me. Thay could have fixed this problem long agoi, but all ST does is sit on their fat asses and let the issue run rampant.

AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!!! This is pissing me off in ways I did not think were possible anymore. Never in all my gaming experience have I seen this level of incompetance, other than the team of Ubisoft's pc division whom I now believe are all working for ST.

Dungeon Siege... Guild Wars.... UT 2K3/2K4..... RF Online.... PSO v1 and v2 on the DC.... And quite a few other titles playing online..... Not ONE has given me this level of agrivation. And I haven't even gotten past the EULA for PSU yet. I am SO getting ready to send ST to the Better Buisness Beurogh (sp?) over this. Shoddy programing. Yes, I know I didn't have to buy the game nor pay for online, but I did and now I feel like I have been ripped off.

*Sigh* Just so pissed at this now and nothing I try has any effect past the damned code 51.

On 2007-12-01 21:02, Blue-Hawk wrote:
    AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!!! This is pissing me off in ways I did not think were possible anymore. Never in all my gaming experience have I seen this level of incompetance, other than the team of Ubisoft's pc division whom I now believe are all working for ST.

Dungeon Siege... Guild Wars.... UT 2K3/2K4..... RF Online.... PSO v1 and v2 on the DC.... And quite a few other titles playing online..... Not ONE has given me this level of agrivation. And I haven't even gotten past the EULA for PSU yet. I am SO getting ready to send ST to the Better Buisness Beurogh (sp?) over this. Shoddy programing. Yes, I know I didn't have to buy the game nor pay for online, but I did and now I feel like I have been ripped off.

*Sigh* Just so pissed at this now and nothing I try has any effect past the damned code 51.
    Hey guess what, msn knocks me off all the time when I try to get online. A LOT. I swear to you, I've been knocked off that more times then you could imagine you've been on PSU Like everyone else has been stating before, its prolly just your security whatever, it could also be any other online browsers like messengers that could be causing it, OR you just have a poopy connection like I said :3 Maaaaybe you should get a new cable or internet plug in, not just for PSU but for everything else. Believe me, it would make life on PC much easier!

Yes, it is shoddy programming. You never once thought that it might be a problem on your end, when others can get online just fine.