This is for PC players for AotI in Vista, not sure if it applies for anyone else. When I first installed AotI, I noticed that the sound was extremely loud for sound effects and really low for music on the title screen online. In-game, the settings for the character options determined the volume, which was fine and well, but having the sound effects blast me on the title screen ticked me off.

Then I noticed something strange. I started playing offline mode, and after adjusting the volume on my offline character there, my volume problems for the title screen and movies were fixed for the online game.

I'm just posting this to see if it helps anyone else. Maybe my computer's just weird.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rephin on 2007-12-04 22:04 ]</font>

I've noticed the same thing on my PC running Vista Ultimate x64. I haven't tried to fix it yet, but maybe I'll give your suggestion a try.

This has been in place since PSU's release.
    IMO the sound has always been too loud. I started PSU on XP and later on moved to Vista.
    So, yeah. Dissappointing to see people discovering the offline story THIS late... but meh.
    Why is my sig being compressed to HUR BLUR?
    High quality version: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u.../J-75Shard.jpg
    Shard, Newman Male (Level 110), HU 10/RA 5/FO 10/FF 10/FI 10/WT 20/AT 6 - PC/PS2