I have the NA version of PSO and I'm pretty sure that we can't dupe.. I just want to make sure that I never trade for a duped item. Legit is the only way to go.

Dragon's Arch Angel

Your right, legit is the only way to go. But even a NA version of the game can't garrenty no dupes. Not proud to say it dawned on me the other day how people are managing to do it. Anywhosit. To answer your question.... there is no way to tell. The only thing to hope for is if a duper is out there, that thier memory card gets corrupted soon so that they'll stop.

=/. The dupers are still around. Ive seen servers with people giving out items. I took down the guys name and I sent it to sega.

Okay, but can you dupe on the US version.. I know it is done on the JA version. That is why the ships weren't linked till they fixed the bug and released the updated version of the game for those who wanted it.

The reason I ask this is because I see people on the ships asking if anyone needs/wants them to dupe an item for them. My guess is that they are just trying to steal stuff people give them to dupe.

If you want to avoid dupes, then, outside of people that you really know, you'll want to avoid trading for commonly duped items. Pretty much anything over 10 stars fits into that category... and some 10 stars as well...

Batteries Not Included

not true...I made a legit twinkle star that's 11 stars...there are quite a few legit players...

You're right there. Both the Star and Summit are fairly easy to obtain, though.

While it's optimistic to think that there are a lot of legits out there, the cheaters far outnumber us.