Quick Note: A lot of this info is stuff that has been scattered over various topics (and even across various boards). I'm posting it here to sort of make a 'master' pc/ps2 meet-and-greet topic for my new PSU buds and for other people who would like to make new friends to chat and play with in PSU.

I just got back to PSU one week ago. I'd heard how cool AotI was, so I couldn't resist. I'm glad I'm back. Things are awesome these days in PSU!

Anyway, since I had to start all over, I've been going out of my way to be social and to try to bring together players. Turns out lots of players out there WANT to meet other players ~ to exhange cards and do runs together ~ its just a matter of bringing people together.

If you're on the pc/ps2 version and want to meet more people to chat and play with: come to Cylez 4 (outside Linear Line) on Uni 2 around 8pm est each night.

While I won't be on every night, the group that's starting to form meets there. We started meeting there a couple of nights ago. About a dozen people have now made new PSU buds and done runs together. The more the merrier!

The only 'rule' (haha, if you want to call it a rule) is to be friendly and chill and want to help other people out. Basically, just looking for people that want to be a little social and have fun playing together.

Its really not that complicated, haha.

We have 20's showing up, we had a first-time player last night, there's players 60+, it's all good.

I was once part of something a bit like this, years ago, for PSO on Gamecube. It started as a little topic on GameFAQS, called The Antares Chronicles v1. The topic was started just to see if they're were other people that wanted to make new friends in PSO, where the only 'rule' was to be chill and to have a "let's help each other out" attitude. That was it.

Before you knew it ~ the topic maxed out at 500 posts! People were meeting every night on Antares 5. For the record, Antares 5 used to be a dead lobby. We picked it for that reason, so we'd know whoever showed up had actually read the topic, haha. But over the course of few weeks, there were dozens of players there every day.

More versions of The Antares Chronicles topic went up. I think we got up to v8 or v9 (so over 4000 unique posts!) before it was all over. A ton of AWESOME in-game friendships were formed, and much pwnage was had.

And it all started with a little topic whose idea was to bring together like-minded players, players that like to be a bit social, have fun, and help each other out.

As time went by, lots of people that didn't even post to GameFAQs found us, which was awesome.

We're now building the same kind of vibe on PSU. Its not a guild or anything like that, its just friendly people chatting and then gaming together.

I won't be there tonight, but I'll try and make it to Cylez on other nights. If I'm not there and you see me online, toss me a mail and I'll give you a better idea of what I'm up to.

No worries, Laranas. It's just concept: come to Clyez 4 at 8pm EST... when you can AND you feel like it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anywho, cool playing with ya last night. Thanks for the good runs in TD!

I'd like to come to this. ...I'll be a little late I think, I don't get off of work till 8:15pm EST..
    *sweatdrop*

Hey DoubleEXP, I was wondering is the one that Draconis was talking about still on for tonight. I know he was waiting for something for his computer to come so he can fix it and he hasn't yet. He said that he'd probably have to rescedule it for next friday since he can't fix his computer without that thing he needs that he's waiting for. I'm just wondering if it is still on for tonight I don't want to show up and be the only one there.

This actually sounds rather fun.

Are you guys really doing this practically every night? Because I've been wanting to get back online with PSU for a while now, but the fact that everybody would be way above my level kind of bothered me. This seems reason enough to get back on. I'll renew my license coming week then, if you guys are still doing this by then. I really want to meet some new people to play with when I get back online

[EDIT] Just checked timezones and everything, and 8 PM EST would be 2 AM for me. Guess I won't be able to make it to these meetings after all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pietepiet on 2007-12-15 12:21 ]</font>

Hey zach, I think it got messed up because of the server restart, but I'm not sure. I got on a little late, though a bunch of us did get some runs in, as you know. XD

I'll be there again in about 10 minutes!

EDIT:

Hey Pietepiet! Sounds like your in Europe. Well, we could always try to meet up on the weekends when us Americans are on in the mornings or afternoons, since that equals afternoons/evenings for you. Hope to cya around sometime!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-15 16:51 ]</font>