Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dragon God

On 2007-12-16 21:14, Sacchin wrote:
    On 2007-12-16 07:10, RemiusTA wrote:
    On 2007-12-15 21:34, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    360 doesn't have hacked items. No worries.
    Wow i laughed
    Facts are often humorous.
    People who believe in a false reality is even more funnier .

There can be hacks on 360 except the punishment is far more severe than it is on the PC.

On 2007-12-17 16:55, Shadow_Wing wrote:
    On 2007-12-16 21:14, Sacchin wrote:
    On 2007-12-16 07:10, RemiusTA wrote:
    On 2007-12-15 21:34, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    360 doesn't have hacked items. No worries.
    Wow i laughed
    Facts are often humorous.
    People who believe in a false reality is even more funnier .

There can be hacks on 360 except the punishment is far more severe than it is on the PC.
    • Nobody has cracked Xbox Live's encryption
      There is no way to search values whilst online
      None of your character data is on the HDD/MU
      Modded Xbox does not mean PSU is "hacked"
      Lag and server errors are not "hacks"

So tell me, Mr. "even more funnier", where is your evidence? Much less the feasibility of any hacking being accomplished with said info?

Hmm.

Dragon God

I'm sure the Live servers haven't been broken by any means (pretty sure MS has some pretty sofisticated security system set up, in addition to that the lost of a few hundred dollars doesn't seem all too good either) but the nature of computers is that they can be bypassed, it's the nature of how code works, no matter how well u make it, it can be broken. With that said....

The "hacks" that are native to the PSU game are all client side modifications which have nothing to do with X-Box live at all, which by all means is very readily available to the user with some backwards engineering of the program code and security checks. The way hacked items works is my interacting with this client side information, as stated with this OP, and not server-side hacking. It makes something like this possible:

So... how you like them apples?

FYI: I've done a professional report on hacking for my computer engineering course, so I know some things about it.

Edit: I really do wish that 360ites would stop saying their system is hack proof, it isn't, it's just a little bit less fallible than a PC and in addition to that the punishment on PC vs that of 360 is far more severe than it is on PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-18 00:47 ]</font>

Even if it was hacked I doubt you'd get banned for it, I don't think ST is even looking for non-obvious hacks like that on the 360 version.

EDIT: Is Sacchin who I think he is?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-12-18 06:37 ]</font>

Sure he is. FYI: Client sided hacking won't get you anything done online, as much as you try. I guess I should be more specific, but no hacking will affect you unless you're the one doing it.

Well, okay, I'm sure you could with ST loopholes, but chances are MS will wipe you off before you can.

Third edit (lol): Why am I a 360ite? I simply state what I know by most sites. Shit, I'd be on PCPSU if there was as much people; my PC is quite powerful...

fourth edit ohwow Typical SnowFox behaviour; notice how only his level is modified, meaning all he did was a simple digit edit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sacchin on 2007-12-18 14:54 ]</font>

Dragon God

Client sided hacking won't get you anything done online, as much as you try.
    Lol. You might want to take a gander at how hacked items are made before making statements like this. Or how the client and server actually communicate with each other. Give u a hint on how all this actually works:

simple digit edit.
    The fact is NOT everything is server side, most people don't realize this and there's a lot on the client side that can be affected that can have an effect on online experiences. The fact is if everything was server side, that's a huuuuge load on the server and actually quite a few things are left on the client side of things to lighten the server load. Now client-side hacks are the most easiest and basic of all hacks and why most people can do it.

Now you can be on your merry way now tyvm.

Edit: Oh here's a common example of client side hacking: Movement Speed mods those are client side hacks, some examples are in games like WoW and FFXI which are two popular MMOs I've played that has these kinds of "hacks"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-18 17:35 ]</font>

Uhhh okay. Except, I haven't seen your hacks on 360 that you speak of, hence why I was a little surprised at first when I saw Snowcock going at it again.
    Forgive my "ignorance" (IE the total lack of ever seeing the hacks you speak of on 360)

And believe me, a level digit is typically one or two bytes, tops. Items and movement values are a different story. Now I haven't done any hacking papers, nor do I care for WoW or FFXI (you won't ever catch me on those), but if you honestly believe 360 has as many hacks as you make out (judging by your intense dislike for my statements and total high horse parade) you're just flat out stuck on the very thing you've done, "on paper". Now its certainly true that nothing is unhackable, but 360 is faring pretty well against modders in general in comparison to the original. PSUPC has obvious hacking problems, with only "obvious" hacks getting banned (and thats not including suspicious abundance of massive percents). Now, either 360's "hackers" are playing in their super secret Universe 51 with every mask in their use imaginable, or ... there just aren't. Its not even really that 360's ban system is more severe (although, it is), its that it gets captured before it becomes a problem.

Although, I'm guessing if PC suddenly got more players, the focus would switch to PC....but with banned 360s, people aren't going to hack because MS will step in if you modify your console (as of typing this a rather large new wave of system bans have been implanted) and then you basically have to spend some cash to fix that.

I really wonder why I even bothered typing this when someone has a superiority complex with eyes that label everything fan boys, so ... whatever, I guess. Perhaps I'm bored.

Dragon God

No I don't have a superiority complex, I just hate it when people state facts that are just conjectured opinion based on 0 evidence other than "I never seen it thus it does not exist"

In fact, you called me out, and I discussed it. If anything I'm counter arguing your points. Let me summarize for you:

On 2007-12-17 21:32, Sacchin wrote:
    • Nobody has cracked Xbox Live's encryption
      There is no way to search values whilst online
      None of your character data is on the HDD/MU
      Modded Xbox does not mean PSU is "hacked"
      Lag and server errors are not "hacks"

So tell me, Mr. "even more funnier", where is your evidence? Much less the feasibility of any hacking being accomplished with said info?

Hmm.
    If anything you have the misreading of a child, I specifically said:

People who believe in a false reality is even more funnier.

I never said there were rampant hacks on the 360 but the fact that it was broken in the first place shows that it's possible.

Which then you answered with another question which I addressed again:

Much less the feasibility of any hacking being accomplished with said info?
    And thus I gave you a feasibility, and the possibility of hacking present in the 360 servers. I never said that there are hackers in PSU360 but the possibility is there, like it or not. There is no PROOF of your claims nor mine but the fact is there is the possibility of it actually occurring due to the fact that the 360 checks can be bypassed by backwards engineering the software. Needless to say the fact is the losing of your entire Live account on said 360 is a big enough deterrence for most would be hackers (which will probably be a teenager but of course there no guarantees on that though XD)

Take this as educating yourself, as you stated yourself as having "ignorance" on the subject rather than a stab at your ego.

...huh. Actually, I was going to not make that post since Maintenance Intervened and simply state "you were right, I was wrong for the most part", but I guess the maintenance somehow saved that post data...

At least you didn't come off as an asshole in that post, so yeah. This isn't the real point of the topic anyways so I'll drop it with what I was going to say anyway - "You are right, and I am wrong for the most part".

-edit: Also, I did not misread as a child, I simply interpreted your earlier post of "I laughed" as what you thought. Needless to say, I'm no mind reader (although that'd be pretty bitchin').

edit 2: Holy shit, I misread again. That wasn't even you. GG eyes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sacchin on 2007-12-19 00:09 ]</font>

I laugh that some people still think the 360 is hackless...ha. just because you havent seen them doesnt mean they arent there, in fact, a few months ago there were a few that ST caught. I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?