Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I played PSU way back during launch and loved it. Then something happened. It seemed like hackers were able to start creating meseta and after that the player economy went to hell. I soon after quit playing.

I would like to know how the current situation online is? After hearing of the release of the expansion I was interested in getting back into the game, although, I don't want to if there are still a bunch of people on that just hack money and items.

Please, any and all comments on how the community is doing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SEGA is quite proud of removing all the hackers (along with many innocents) from the game and the economy seems to have balanced itself out again after the event at the beginning of 2007.

Its mostly square as far as i can see.

Aside from overpriced player shops here and there...

Put it this way, you can now pretty much buy anything the game has to offer.

Common S ranks don't go for 999999999, they go for about 1-3 mil for a ok %

People sell A rank stuff at very decent prices too. It's a good turn for the economy

On 2007-12-18 17:16, SylviaEspada wrote:
    Put it this way, you can now pretty much buy anything the game has to offer.

Common S ranks don't go for 999999999, they go for about 1-3 mil for a ok %

People sell A rank stuff at very decent prices too. It's a good turn for the economy
    Yeah i agree, ps2/pc server is now balancing out great!
    There is some hacked meseta around from ages ago, but you hardly notice it, as prices have finally droped to decent prices! =)

There are still some unfixed exploits. PM zeroing/ account id# spoofing to access stuff in the room still exists. Thankfully the hackers that can actually code have gotten bored doing so and have moved on. There are some whispers of a few hackers returning after the new year though.

I heard one guy was supposed to come back Dec 10th ish >.>

Also, ST patched alot of the older exploits. Only the Hackers with actual talent can do anything now

If the hacking starts up again I can imagine how many people might quit till it dies down again. I don't understand why hackers enjoy messing with people like they own the game. It's really unfair. <.<
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

On 2007-12-18 18:59, Noblewine wrote:
    If the hacking starts up again I can imagine how many people might quit till it dies down again. I don't understand why hackers enjoy messing with people like they own the game. It's really unfair. <.<
    Most hackers just see if they can do something and then stop, satisfied with knowing they can.. then script kiddies get their hand on the info somehow and abuse it so they can appear better than others, but they don't know how to hide their tracks as well.

It isn't that Sega has really fixed anything.. (They can't, the game is designed in such a way that it isn't fixable..) It is just that Gameguard is now updated to the point where 99% of the assholes who would ruin the game with their hacking are now posed with a huge inconvenience. (Read: They're too retarded to break down the wall protecting the game right now, and have no hope of ever doing so without someone intelligent holding their hand through the process.)

And the remaining 1% that consists of anyone remotely intelligent, have now moved on to other games or activities or have come to the realization that hacking in any obvious or public manner isn't paying off, thus they're keeping these things to themselves and being very discrete about it. (Read: Not hurting anyone but themselves.)

So really, eh.. All is well right now, you could say. Definitely haven't been any signs of disturbances in many many months now.. And considering how much easier the game is now in regards to money and item drops, I highly doubt we'll see a return of it in the future..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-18 19:19 ]</font>