I have the game installed, and I also installed Directx9 or whatever through it, so I know that's not the problem. When I try to start the game, however, it exits and gives me some error message, as follows:

'rundll32.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x10002c1e" referenced memory at "0x00ac4024". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program'

That last line I'm assuming has no actual bearing on the issue, but I through it in there just in case. Anyway, I'm not entirely super-savvy with PC's and why certain problems occur, most likely things like these where I may have an outdated part or something.

If anybody knows what the problem is and how I can fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks much in advance.

If not directx, then check your firewall programs or settings.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Oh that problem... it sounds like the one I've had it since I started playing AotI but have never found the root of the problem, even after reformatting my hard drive and re-installing windows along with fresh drivers and the DirectX on the disc. Needless to say, it's still driving me crazy and I would do anything to permanently fix it short of buying a new computer. You can try and bypass it by doing one of the two things, depending on what you prefer:

1. On the launcher, click on Options and select Window Mode. (Seriously, for some strange reason, the error occurs in full screen mode only, but who wants to play in Window mode anyway?)

2. After the error has occurred and the error message is still on the screen, just open up AotI again and start it. The error must still be on the screen to work (from my understanding, as long as the error is up, the rundll32.exe that it is actually looking for will be bypassed). This way is a bit dirty, but I couldn't find another solution.

Hope that it ends up working for you until someone can find a permanent solution ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lolitecher on 2007-12-23 04:00 ]</font>