Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Look at the basic axes, and tell me the Yohmei one isn't a thousand times more badass looking than the tenora, not to mention that they have lower requirements, this is important to newman fighters such as myself. As for sabers, Yohmei and Tenora look about the same, I prefer GRM myself, and have always prefered the look of GRM daggers, the new ones are pretty nice with those massive blades, make my Renga Chujin-shou look sweet. Never been a fan of spears, but the Yohmei A-ranks almost make me want to use them.

As far as fire arms, Yohmei makes some sexy weaponry, though Tenora's are nice too, most of GRM's basic stuff looks pretty uninspired, though.

GRM looks futuristic, which is consistent with what race runs Parum.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Huh, I was theorizing the opposite not too long ago. With the additions of the heavy atp boost, the difference between Yohmei and Tenora atp isn't as noticeable as it used to be. When a fortefighter has almost as much atp as an axe, the difference between Yohmei axes and Tenora axes isn't very big. Twin daggers even less so.
    PP, however, is a stat that leveling up cannot affect. The difference between a Yohmei weapon's PP and a Tenora weapon's PP is rather noticeable. That extra time not spent recharging will equate to more time spent attacking, which will equate to higher damage per second.

So yeah, Yohmei FTW.

Something else to note is that, not all weapons recharge well. Spears, for instance, only recover around 8 PP per JA'd combo, as opposed to twin claw's 37 (numbers are educated estimates). From this, it's obvious that it'd be better to get a yohmei spear, since it'll last much longer and the damage shouldn't be too much of an issue (seriously, do you really need to maximize Majarra's damage?). I want to say that it should also be obvious that you should get Tenora twin claws, but I'm not sure the added atp is very useful on twin weapons anyway. If it is, then you could easily switch to Tenora claws and not miss much.

It could also depend on the class. Fortefighters, especially if beasts, have a huge pool of ATP, so they can do with not using the highest ATP weapons. The low amount of PP that they'll use compared to other classes, as well as the higher recharge rate, will mean that they can use weapons for a long time. These bonuses stack with Yohmei's PP boosts, meaning they'll probably be using a Yohmei weapon for a very long time.
    However, an acrotecher has relatively low atp, and any boosts they get via weapons are fairly noticeable. A whip may do very little damage to a high defensive enemy, while a dagger may do many times more points of damage per hit simply because it can bypass defense better. Because of this, it's probably better for acrotechers to use Tenora weapons, for the much needed atp. One would think that they would miss the PP, and indeed they would, but you have to remember that acrotecher is a hybrid job that uses one handed weapons. While one weapon recharges, they can use techs or fans to deal with damage. There's also the point that a fight may go by much quicker, and more damage would be done by recharging Tenora weapon via JAs instead of Yohmeis.

Fairly situational, but I think Yohmei is overall better, especially for fortefighters. Yes, you can recharge both Yohmeis and Tenoras at the same rate, but Yohmei weapons recharge by themselves faster than Tenoras, and can be used longer before needing to manually recharge them. If your ATP is low, examples being at a low levels or being a teching class, Tenora's atp may prove to be helpful. But, considering S rank weapons can be equipped at lv30 by a teching class (true story), the extra 80 levels of atp gain will probably overpower any atp boost that Tenora gives you so much that the extra PP will be more useful.
    Of course, the difference between the two could ultimately come down to playstyle, and the difference may not be great enough to warrant using a weapon whos visuals you dislike over a weapon whos visuals you do like. Just go with the pretty one.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

On 2007-12-25 18:23, D1ABOLIK wrote:
    They are stylish. Looks > stats always.
    amen.

Ship 2 - Gatz

I'd really like to see Yohmei S rank Sabers, but yeah, when Yohmei A rank twin sabers came out, I sold all of my GRMS and replaced them with Yohmeis.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

In all honesty I favor aesthetics unless the numbers become a glaring issue (for example, I stopped using a Daga Cresa because it just didn't have enough pp).

On 2007-12-25 19:54, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    In all honesty I favor aesthetics unless the numbers become a glaring issue (for example, I stopped using a Daga Cresa because it just didn't have enough pp).
    I'm a functionality over form man. I rather balance to pretty looks and poor stats. Ockam's razor at work.

Well, my main is a newman fortefighter, I think you can guess how much I value the stats.

My two cents:
    I'm of the same camp/opinion of that it's kinda situational. As having a beast FF I appreciate the extra accuracy. Even the extra length is nice too. But I'd imangine if you're more of a lower ATP in class or race you might want to maximize more ATP heavy weaponry. Maximizing what you want in a weapon makes Yohmei a desirable choice for all weps including melee.

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-12-25 19:07, RegulusHikari wrote:
    I prefer shooting things with guns, not tree branches. The only Yohmei weapon type out there I prefer using are daggers and... daggers. Did I mention daggers? The spear isn't too bad, if I didn't already have 4 Mugunruks and a Mugktengek.

Kiujibahoh (9* rifle) is the coolest-looking ranged weapon I've ever seen.
    You must not have seen many ranged weapons.

It is also the best KS weapon ever.
    See: Mizurakihoh

The Accuracy is also higher than phantom.
    If you were a GT or a Beast FG, this might actually be of importance.

Most people use rifles for SE, accuracy, and KS anyway.
    Can't argue there.
    Point one...I have seen every ranged weapon short of muzzlefever, storm, and rattlesnake.

Point two...I'm way too poor for this

Point three...There is never a point at which one will never miss (FT stay outta this). If you miss one in twenty shots, and it drops to one in thirty thanks to the accuracy boost, you have improved both your proc rate and damage by 2.5% (which is statistically significant IMO)

Point four...Nothing to add.
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15