Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

i was just thinking about, purely theoretically, if humans and newmans were to get a nano-blast type attack, what they would be like. this isnt a post to beg for their introduction, but more of a just for kicks, what would they be like post?

so feel free to post your ideas about what would make sense thematically. here are my ideas:

for newman: the commonly mentioned summoning could work. you would choose between a number of different elementally based summonable creatures, large and imposing, detailed, and awesome looking creatures, who'd follow you like an npc for as long as a nanoblast lasts.

another idea: photon burst-newmans are have a stronger grasp of photon manipulation. this nanoblast would be a spell-like ability that would function sort of like an EX trap. you wouldnt set it or anything, but you'd use it, and it'd be an attack that last for a bit, dealing consistent damage ticks. it'd surround you, and the choices would be of element and type (they'd be similar to linear types, ra-types, and gi-types, in the sense that you'd choose if they would go in a straight line, in an area in front of you, or surround you).

third idea: pretty much just a support one. i don't find this one too useful, but it could work i guess. using it would restore all pp on the party's weapons, maybe also give them lvl 4 (or 5?) buffs, or give them an accelerated regeneration ability, like giresta but stronger.

anyway, for human:

photon suit: so you know how guardians switch there weapons in an out with there little gadget thingy (its mentioned in the offline story mode, i just forgot what its called)? well, humans could use it to bring out a special suit. it would function similarly to a nanoblast in that it transformed you for a specific period of time. however, the difference was that you still used your equipped weapon, and could use your PA's and such. it'd provide a slight burst to stats, but not as much as with a nanoblast. instead, the draw was that it increased your attack and run speed exponentially. then you could choose different suits that had different supplements: one allowed you to use PA's without pp cost during the transformation period, one added regeneration, one allowed you to hit additional enemies with your skills (increased range of attacks/techs also), that kind of thing.

another idea: grants them the use of a special, buffed weapon. pretty much, they bring out an awesome looking, buffed weapon of their choice that replaces there current weapon for a while. functions just like any other weapon of the same type (like if you chose a nano-sword, or nano-saber, or nano-rod), but it's just buffed considerably.

anyway, what are some other ideas?

Photon Simultaneous Party Boot.

Humans: Tanks
    Newmans: Summons

Someone had to do it right?

Both: Photon Blasts
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

For humans, I think actually being able to use a "magic" attack like in the older Phantasy Star series would be neat. I'm guessing it would look something similar to an SUV. As for newmans....summon claws and jump around? lolol

No idea for the newmans.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

How about this?

Humans get the ability to wish they were good at something. heh heh.

Hamburger assault.

The problem I see with most suggestions is that they're not race specific. Summoning? I suppose that could be considered race specific - but there's nothing in the Newman race description that even closely matches that. And this isn't Final Fantasy. I don't want to see people calling down Bahamut in a Phantasy Star game and calling him De Ragnus. The power-suit and uber weapon ideas are nice, but what reason is there for NOT allowing other races to use it?

Humans: Meggido. An old technique to the franchise which has been largely glazed over, and traditionally human only. Make it powerful, but also require that the player preform some sort of solo quest or mission, like a challenge mode, to obtain it. Fill the quest with enemies, traps, mazes, and "choice" options which the player must answer satisfactorily in order to be deemed worthy of such a technique. None of that "trading PA frags" or just going down to the local store and buying it bullshit. There could be several different varieties of Meggido as well, such as one that affects a wide area, or that affects a single enemy. Or even one that inflicts a wide variety of status effects. Mix it up a bit and expand on it. Though I still like the idea of having it do MASSIVE damage at the cost of the caster's HP. Like say... 75% of his, or 50% of the parties HP. If you're below the needed HP - it could kill you or just drop you to 1HP and force a 3-5 second lag between the cast and the ability to heal yourself. However, you can only have one variety at any given time. Also, each different Meggido attack has a different and unique quest or challenge you must undertake - preferably tailored to suit the theme of the attack.

Newmans: Temporary speed and accuracy boost. Or just give them an innate and permanent speed boost to both melee and techs which could be stackable with /quick units and Acro jobs. They're supposed to have heightened reflexes and mental capacity anyhow, but that's not represented in the gameplay. Only the mental capacity is. Not to mention that it would help shore up their damage potential in melee a bit by leaving them weaker, but quicker, than the other races. Still not on par with Beasts or Casts - but approaching humans in overall DoT.. at least, until the Human decides to use his Meggido.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-27 01:50 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

The Original Tanking Fomarl and Goddess

for humans
    i think a berserker time mode, where their atp and def, is boosted for a short period, kinda like a beast but without transformation, but also humans still being able to use weapons.

newman would be like a tech type suv like summon, or like human.. boosted techs for short period of time.
    PSU Elite-Anti-Elitist
    lv150 Magenta
    Fight Master 20 / Fortefighter 20 / Fight Gunner 10 /

On 2007-12-27 00:02, galaxy wrote:
    i was just thinking about, purely theoretically, if humans and newmans were to get a nano-blast type attack, what they would be like. this isnt a post to beg for their introduction, but more of a just for kicks, what would they be like post?

so feel free to post your ideas about what would make sense thematically. here are my ideas:

for newman: the commonly mentioned summoning could work. you would choose between a number of different elementally based summonable creatures, large and imposing, detailed, and awesome looking creatures, who'd follow you like an npc for as long as a nanoblast lasts.

another idea: photon burst-newmans are have a stronger grasp of photon manipulation. this nanoblast would be a spell-like ability that would function sort of like an EX trap. you wouldnt set it or anything, but you'd use it, and it'd be an attack that last for a bit, dealing consistent damage ticks. it'd surround you, and the choices would be of element and type (they'd be similar to linear types, ra-types, and gi-types, in the sense that you'd choose if they would go in a straight line, in an area in front of you, or surround you).

third idea: pretty much just a support one. i don't find this one too useful, but it could work i guess. using it would restore all pp on the party's weapons, maybe also give them lvl 4 (or 5?) buffs, or give them an accelerated regeneration ability, like giresta but stronger.

anyway, for human:

photon suit: so you know how guardians switch there weapons in an out with there little gadget thingy (its mentioned in the offline story mode, i just forgot what its called)? well, humans could use it to bring out a special suit. it would function similarly to a nanoblast in that it transformed you for a specific period of time. however, the difference was that you still used your equipped weapon, and could use your PA's and such. it'd provide a slight burst to stats, but not as much as with a nanoblast. instead, the draw was that it increased your attack and run speed exponentially. then you could choose different suits that had different supplements: one allowed you to use PA's without pp cost during the transformation period, one added regeneration, one allowed you to hit additional enemies with your skills (increased range of attacks/techs also), that kind of thing.

another idea: grants them the use of a special, buffed weapon. pretty much, they bring out an awesome looking, buffed weapon of their choice that replaces there current weapon for a while. functions just like any other weapon of the same type (like if you chose a nano-sword, or nano-saber, or nano-rod), but it's just buffed considerably.

anyway, what are some other ideas?
    Nanotransformer