Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

At first I thought it was taken from Parum too, but when I went to the planet select screen and looked at it the same way the picture was taken, sure enough Parum was right where the off color square is.

On 2008-01-05 15:40, GoldRidley wrote:
    Sinue:
    Taken from http://psobb.com/community/index.php
    PSO-BB Server Closure Timetable
    December 9th Access to new subscription purchases will end and all recurring credit card transactions will be deactivated.

All active subscriptions (as of December 9th) will be granted free access until March 31st.
    January 9th Free open access to all users with PSO-BB accounts until March 31st.
    March 31st All PSO-BB servers will be shut down and service will be discontinued.
    If you had a PSO-BB account at some point, it will be presumably be reactivated on January 9th until teh terribluh apocalips. I plan on going back and playing through the old world one more time before it disappears from the internets (officially, anyway) forever. If you never had an account, you're welcome to mine - drop me a PM if this is necessary.

Edit: No one else may play on my account, at all, ever. Nothing personal, Sinue just got lucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GoldRidley on 2008-01-05 15:42 ]</font>
    I played on the open beta for blue burst, but quit after that. Do you think that I would be able to log on? Also, it seems to me like its saying anyone can sign up now and play and the playsega website still allows people to sign up for a BB account, so I dunno. This thread is just really making me want to play one last time for nostalgia before the servers are terminated.

On 2008-01-06 19:32, xennec wrote:
    At first I thought it was taken from Parum too, but when I went to the planet select screen and looked at it the same way the picture was taken, sure enough Parum was right where the off color square is.
    The painting doesn't make even any sense o.O

Moatoob is to the immediate Right/East of Guardians Colony. Parum is to the immediate Left/West.

Neudaiz is centered between Parum and Moatoob, so Parum can't be cut out of the picture.

The picture Isn't even possible, In order to see the GC in that position the picture has to be taken from Neudaiz. However, that is clearly Neudaiz in the lower left of the picture.

Get what I'm saying?

I have pictures too!

Ignore my amazing MS paint skills. My good computer with PSP is getting repaired._.

No clue, Xennec. You'll know in a few days.

On 2007-12-30 04:10, Angelo wrote:
    I believe Ryucross is Ragol

Oh look! Here comes Ryucross to alert the Guardians! Only something is terribly wrong.

Ryucross has become so infected it's become a planet-sized HIVE. Now, why would SEGA use the term 'planet-sized' and not just 'Large satellite' or something like that?

Because Ryucross was once a planet. But we need proof... something that proves it was once a lush, beautiful planet. If only there were some type of link to it's past...

Oh, how convenient!! VR simulators on the now-infected Ryucross! Let's take a look and see what this planet once was.

Well, looks like it's a carbon copy of Ragol!!

Ryucross, the planet that was supposed to warn the Ghural system of danger has now become the threat. How could such a thing happen?

Maybe the morons on the Pioneer 1 should've just left it alone.

Wow, that is really make sense!! heh,the story is deeper than what I thought

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

On 2008-01-06 18:53, Ken_Silver wrote:
    what a powerful thread
    thats a laugh.

This thread's power will beat you up and take your lunch money, Tamashi.

Arika, unfortunately (for a theory that's as fun as it is) we've pretty much shot down the Ragol - Ryucross/Rykros theory. The physical discrepancies between Rykros of Phantasy Star and Ragol are too big to ignore. Ragol was and possibly still is an earthlike world, whereas Rykros was a comparatively small world entirely covered in crystal, the only inhabitants of which are spirits presumably in service of the great light.

Interesting to note that the art for the native(?) inhabitants of old Ryucross share visual similarities with the ancients referenced in PSU. This is anything but solid evidence, even in a thread that has made its way by virtue of the joy of conclusion jumping, but it is food for thought.

De-Vars:

You should already know this guy:

That brings us back to the question: Who the hell are the ancients, and how do they relate to older PS titles? Conventional wisdom says they don't relate at all, and I can't really argue with that beyond pointing to similar pretty colors.

But on subject of using artistic theme to suggest plot relation, something Sega DOES use (and defy the conventions of, sometimes in the same games), notice how similar Relics are to the Ruins of PSO. They are really damned similar. Suppose the relics sites are the remains of the ancient Gurhal/Algol interplanetary cultures? Remember, the cutscenes and art present only showed us the war machines the ancients constructed using A-Photon energy. This leaves a huge missing link between then and now - and a link corroborated by the extremely short term history of the cultures in PSU. We have been told *very* little of what transpired before the racial wars.

Last, I'm going to point out something that is going to give us all a headache if it proves halfway true. (Note: If anyone has a link to scripts that verify this, I would appreciate them. I could not find any online.)
    Anyone remember the bits of dialogue in PSO that suggested the Newmen were a scientific creation, and a relatively new one, at that? That would imply PSO predated everything, including the original Phantasy Star series! You can see this information in many of the offline quests relating to Sue and Dr. Montague. On January 9th I will be going back and playing through every facet of episodes I, II & IV, and I will take screenshots of this and other pertinent information to our discussion.

Interesting to note that the art for the native(?) inhabitants of old Ryucross share visual similarities with the ancients referenced in PSU.
    I think Sonic Team was trying to go that angle, or at least that inspiration.

notice how similar Relics are to the Ruins of PSO. They are really damned similar.
    I don't really see it. They look pretty different to me.

That would imply PSO predated everything, including the original Phantasy Star series!
    The creation of Numen in PSO, PS, and Newman in PSU are all completely seperate. To say that one predates the other, means that they would take place in the same continuity - in which case all evidence points to PS predating PSO, even anecdotal evidence like the AW/AUW (if they're concurrent) place PSO 800 years after PSIV. If you were to assume that Coral is a split of Algolian society - then most all Algolian humans at that point likely have a bit of Numan DNA in them anyhow. That was Rika's purpose - to spread those beneficial genes to ensure the survival of humanity on Motavia. Montegue could have come upon the creation of Numans either by accident, or by design.

Remember, Montegue CREATED Numans... yet he is himself a Numan. So that would indicate to me that he did some tinkering around on his own body - perhaps extracting some dormant DNA. Then isolating the DNA and re-creating it in a lab. Also, it's never really stated HOW Montegue created Numans... just that he did. In PS, it's stated that Numans were created by fusing the DNA of a human with that of a Biomonster. The first several prototypes were flawed, experimented on heavily, and eventually destroyed. Well, all but one... hence Neifirst and from her, Nei. Notice that cross-shaped symbol under my blue-haired Newman's eye? That's the Biosystems Lab insignia. You see it on most Numen. Neifirst, NM-2011, Rika, etc.

Also, it's not stated anywhere in the games or offical canon, but the "biomonster" used in Numen creation is generally accepted to be Musk Cat, because Nei was the character to fill Miau's place in the party - right down to their agility and penchant for claws. (Nei, Neifirst, NM-2011, Rika, and even Sue from PSO used claws. There is no claw using counterpart in PSU - but the main Newman lead, Karen, uses twin daggers as her signature weapon, which serve a similar function of being extremely light weight and fast dual-handed weapons for a "lithe and agile" character)

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

First off, everything I've said here operates under the assumption that we're dealing with a single continuous universe - something we all find unlikely. I'm going with it anyway for the sake of entertainment. The AW/AUW, again, is only as concurrent as the universe(s), and hasn't been providing (well, providing me, anyway) with any more solid linearity than the loose relationships between the three series.

Secondarily, I don't recall anything about Montague being the designer of the Newman race. All of my memories point to him working on casts and photon technology almost exclusively. I could be mistaken - I'll find out soon enough. I am greatly looking forward to going through all of this again, down to the last quest, and it will no doubt weed out the more outrageous speculations rolling around in may head.

As for the musk cats... Oh god. Please, no. Who started that? Those goddamn Pikachu predescessors aren't the only source in the universe the newman could derive their magical affinity. I always liked to think of them as analagous to elves - but I admit one thing. PSII's Nei was definitely an annoying catgirl in spirit, if not in form. At least they don't have tails.