Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion I came upon in Clyez one day. We were discussing about PSO, and started to think about which Classes are like PSO's classes. We figured that Wartecher, of course, is a HUmar, and the Human is the most likely fit for it, obviously. Later, I began thinking about it, and decided that Guntechers were then RAmars if Wartechers were HUmars. But, what about others? The four forces differed in certain ways in PSO, and I've not used many of the forces on PSO, or many of the classes on PSU, so I can barely say.

And, before anyone mentions it, I do recognize that the two games are very different from one another, and shouldn't be compared too seriously to one another. This is really just for the heck of it, and with the PSO Area and Costume remakes approaching, I figured, why not? We could even make some kind of a chart for it.

So, what classes in this game do you think equate to PSO's classes?

Human F - Guntecher - RAmarl (They were pretty good with Techs as well as ranged.)
    Newman F - Wartecher - HUnewearl (Come on.. HUmar? Daggers and Techs and such.. definitely HUney)
    Cast F - Fighgunner - HUcaseal (They specialized in Doubles..)
    Human F - Acrotecher - FOmarl (They specialized in support spells, afterall..)
    Cast M - Fortefighter - HUcast (It just makes sense.)
    Cast M - Fortegunner - RAcast (Again, makes sense.)

Eh, I could do more but I don't feel like it right now.

Female Newman Fortetecher = FOnewearl
    Male Newman Fortetecher = FOnewm
    Female Human Acrotecher = FOmarl
    Male Human Acrotecher = FOmar
    Female Human Guntecher = RAmarl
    Male Human Guntecher = RAmar
    Female CAST Fortegunner = RAcaseal
    Male CAST Fortegunner or Protranser (?) = RAcast
    Female Newman Wartecher - HUnewearl
    Male Human Fortefighter, Acrofighter, Fighgunner, or Wartecher = HUmar
    Female CAST Fighgunner = HUcaseal
    Male CAST Fortefighter = HUcast
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

stat-wise

HUcast- Fortefighter M cast- ATP+ATA
    HUmar- Wartecher M human- Balance
    HUcaseal- Acrofighter/fighgunner F cast- ATP+ATA- less atp and more ata than HUcast
    HUnewearl- Wartecher F human- Balance
    RAmar- Fortegunner M cast- highest ATA
    RAmarl- Guntecher F human- balance
    RAcast- Fortegunner F cast- highest DFP + gun
    RAcaseal- Fortegunner F newman- highest EVP + gun
    FOnewearl- Fortetecher F newman- highest MST/TP
    FOnewm- Fortetecher M newman- 2nd to all in MST/TP but more everything else aside EVP than FOnewearl
    FOmarl- Acrotecher/Fortetecher F human- Highest survial rate in Force with support, 2nd lowest ATA
    FOmar- Acrotecher/Fortetecher M beast- highest force ATP, lowest force ATA

Didn't count first class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-31 23:12 ]</font>

the idea of even comparing arotecher to fomarl makes me gag. beast wartecher is a much better comparison.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I actually like Female Newman Guntecher as RAmarl, since we do support so well now.

On 2008-01-01 00:47, Alisha wrote:
    the idea of even comparing arotecher to fomarl makes me gag. beast wartecher is a much better comparison.
    Well, not that anyone plays Acrotecher accurately.. but class-wise, they are both supportive casters, so yea. It isn't like any of these can REALLY be compared to one another though, since the two games play too differently, but if you boil it down to race and class role.. the conversion is pretty straight forward. (if not failing in practice.)

Acrotecher is much more similar to FOmarl than a Beast WT. Ability to melee (but not be that great at it), with powerful support techs.

As much as it makes me cringe comparing PSU classes to PSO classes:
    HUmar: Male Human Fighgunner, Wartecher if you're one of those who actually used techs.
    HUnewearl: Ugh. Female Newman Wartecher, I guess. Not that it even feels remotely similar.
    HUcast: Male Cast Fortefighter, not hard.
    HUcaseal: Female Cast Acrofighter (or Fighgunner?)
    RAmar: Male Human Guntecher / Fortegunner
    RAmarl: Whatever class allowed you to destroy everything with Guns, Techs, Melee, or by simply being in an enemy's presence. Hate. RAmarls.
    RAcast: Male Cast Protranser/Fortegunner
    RAcaseal: Female Cast Fortegunner
    FOmar: Depends how you played it, since FOmar/l could be played in an abundance of different ways.
    FOmarl: See FOmar
    FOnewm: Male Newman Fortetecher
    FOnewearl: Female Newman Fortetecher

In all honesty though, most of the classes in PSU play very differently- and the games themselves feel really different now. And before this topic turns into it, no, I don't want PSO class names in PSU. Ever.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

HUnewearl is NOT wartecher. Who actually even used attack techs as a HUnewearl? Or better yet even a wand? (WT gets S-rank Wand) It was all about Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti and thats it...

HUnewearl = Fighgunner (The game even gives you a 3% stat bonus when you're a Newman Fighunner.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2008-01-01 10:15 ]</font>

I always thought of the HUcast of more of a FiGunner... I guess that's because mine used mechguns with awsome results back when I played.