Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The past few days, my latest project has been to level up my FG(Davros). My FG friend suggested that Xbows as well as Dual Handguns and rifle where probably one of the best FG weps and I should start levelling the corresponding PA's for aforementioned weapons.

I always knew that bullet PA's are considered 'tough' to level up but my first alt on PSU was a Newman FTr so I know about levelling up 'tough' PA's.I even levelled up a few longbow bullet PA's to 30 and didnt think it was that bad.

Question. So far I have not been to suprised other than TWO things regarding difficulty(and it is early days so forgive me if I'm talking crap). 1/ Dual Handguns PA's are much easier than I expected. 2/ XBows are VERY hard... 1=11 was tough.... literally my alt was levelling up faster than the PA(wow they made it easy to level). So, Is it WORTH it to level XBow PA's as a proirity in these 'early' days? my 'fire' one is 14... and that was tough!. I have been levelling fire(forgive me too tired to remember name) as IMO SE effects are one of the FG's offensive strengths and destructiveness. I have also been doing this at the expense of levelling other weapons PA's?

Going back to SE's. Am I right here? I NEVER played gunners, not even on PSO. However from what I've observed many times it APPEARS the ability of gunner types to infict these SE effects probably does more than the 'initial bullet damage'.

Taking that view into account, I decided that levelling fire, and dark bullets is wise as these effects cause real damage(as opposed to silence) any advice here?

Of course, I realise that this all falls apart when it comes to fighting bosses and possibily enemies with high STA... in fact... regarding this... what do gunners normaly do as other than a few bosses like Omnagoug and to some extent Magus(Desert Goliath is a mission I intend to run a lot for Rattlesnake, Orpa, Blackbull and fun).

Oh yes, coming now to mission. The missions I intend to use this guy for at FIRST are. True Darkness S, Desert Goliath S2, Mother Brain S and any other mission thay drops gunner weps(GoF's?).

What PA's should I be concentrating on? I hear a lot about Killer bullet and I have it levelled to 12 in anticipation of the time I'll be fighting the robots on DG, GoF, ER etc.

As I said, I will be running True Darkness S for a while until I hit 80(and have good PA's to do the other Gunner drop missions).

What do would be considered the best PA's/weps to use for True Darkness(I see gunners using a lot of fire bullets, traps and of course SUV's). I remember that 1up I was really suprised at how well gunners faired on Hive missions AND Moatoob(good gunners that is).

Oh yeah, I would imagine I will be soloing these missions a lot of the time. Thanks for any help and advice. As usual, sorry for bad spelling, grammer, etc as usual I am tired. Any advice on any of the questions I have here or general advice on raising a good FG are welcome. I know this post is long and has a lot of questions but ANY advice is welcomed and really appreciated!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-02 21:56 ]</font>

Get Zagenga for xbow asap and force yourself to level it to at least 21 and enjoy.

if you got time to spare...learn all Bullet skills

On 2008-01-02 22:22, RACast_Raiden wrote:
    if you got time to spare...learn all Bullet skills
    What ones to concentrate on first, especially for True Darknes S

The Mormegil

Light generally works. Basically, anything with Rising in the prefix.

I would have thought that, however(ref my original post) I thought one of the main offensive strengths of a gunner is it's ability to inflict SE's. Baring this in mind.... more hits+SE lvl=more damage and more chance of inflicting SE's....

Light only confuses.

Fire and dark SE's can really give them a bad day.

*Points to Yamata-Misaki... IMO opinion one of the best FF weps(I play FF a fair amount)... not only is it a CLAW it has set bonus and SE REALLY hurts them in addition to set bonus..... for soloing Mother Brain S and taking out those neutral guys it cannot be beaten.... however I want to know about FG's!*

Crimson, blood-stained wings

rising and burning stuff for TD.
    just 1 burning since you'll wanna burn the dilnazen and jushnaguns.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

On 2008-01-02 22:35, Turbobrain wrote:
    I would have thought that, however(ref my original post) I thought one of the main offensive strengths of a gunner is it's ability to inflict SE's. Baring this in mind.... more hits+SE lvl=more damage and more chance of inflicting SE's....

Light only confuses.

Fire and dark SE's can really give them a bad day.

*Points to Yamata-Misaki... IMO opinion one of the best FF weps(I play FF a fair amount)... not only is it a CLAW it has set bonus and SE REALLY hurts them in addition to set bonus..... for soloing Mother Brain S and taking out those neutral guys it cannot be beaten.... however I want to know about FG's!*
    SE's can be handy early on in the game, but the stronger your character becomes, the less useful SEs become. I pretty much only use shotguns and lasers now. Xbows are out-damaged by shotties (with the exception of the UPA, or so we're told), and SE's are pretty much pointless. Stuff dies too fast for it to matter.

I SOMETIMES use my rifle/SEs on two or three enemies in a map. :/

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

SE is quite "meh" now in AoI...so it doesn't really matter now.

UNLESS, you're soloing of course

S ranks

rifle - fire, ice, dark, killer shot
    shotgun - fire, ice, lightning, ground, light, dark
    laser- fire, ice, lightning, ground, light, dark
    grenade- fire, ice, ground, dark, beserk
    handgun - fire, ice

A ranks
    twin handgun - what ever you feel like. mostly used for tagging
    mechgun - none. use it to stun lock enemies when you need to move
    crossbow - silence, light
    spear - majjara