Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

I find it unlikely that any class would be made without access to sabers or handguns. Quests and story missions in the game necessitate both their use to the point of installing fixed handgun and saber drops within the mission itself. So that should be kept in mind when speculating on their weapon access.

On 2008-01-03 17:56, Xaeris wrote:
    I find it unlikely that any class would be made without access to sabers or handguns. Quests and story missions in the game necessitate both their use to the point of installing fixed handgun and saber drops within the mission itself. So that should be kept in mind when speculating on their weapon access.
    No, I didn't mean weapon access, just S ranks. Acros still have A ranks in two handed weapons. I'm just saying masters would have A rank instead of S rank in single handed weapons.

edit: grammar >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2008-01-03 18:04 ]</font>

On 2008-01-03 17:55, xennec wrote:
    I just got an idea. Maybe the master classes will be "masters" of two handed weapons? Kind of like the acro classes except with s ranks in two handed weapons instead of single hand weapons.
    That's an interesting theory. It wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be the case.

On 2008-01-03 17:38, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Edit: We've known the master classes would be online long before that disclaimer. Or did you miss all the previous debates? Or the timeline Sega posted months ago that listed new classes in January? Also, offline Hunter is vastly different from Online Hunter, why shouldn't entirely seperate games have vastly different classes?
    Sorry, I missed that.

Anyway, to answer the first part, no, the announcement that the Master classes would be added is only around a week old or so. We knew more classes were coming and we assumed they would be the master classes since those names were found in the offline data, but we never had actual confirmation about what the classes would be until then.

And, yes, online hunter is more limited than offline on either version, so it would be easy to argue that online Fighmaster will be a more limited version of the offline one. It’s not like offline Hunter can use techs better than offline Force. And it’s not like PSP Fighmaster has a ridiculous number of S ranks that can even be compared to the current expert classes. I’ll argue that this still makes a basis possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-03 18:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-03 18:11 ]</font>

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

Why is it that people see "master" -force, -gunner, and figh-...and they think "jack."

Jack of all trades and master of NONE!!!

Think about it clearly, by definition, these classes cannot be dabbling in so many things.

My opinion is...

Fighmaster:
    S rank...
    Saber
    Double Saber
    Twin Saber
    Dagger
    Twin Dagger
    Claw
    Twin Claw
    Axe
    Spear
    Knuckles

PA...
    Lvl. 50 Skills

Mastergunner:
    S-rank...
    Grenade
    Laser
    Handgun
    Twin Handgun
    Mechgun
    Rifle
    Crossbow
    Longbow
    Shotgun

PA:
    Lvl 50 Bullets

Masterforce:
    S-ranks...
    Rod
    Wand
    Card
    Bow

PA:
    Lvl 50 Attack Technic
    Lvl 50 Support Technic
    Lvl 20 Bullet

Acromaster:
    S-ranks...
    Madoog
    Shadoog
    Slicer
    Whip
    Dagger
    Saber
    Mechgun
    Claw
    Card
    Wand
    Twin Dagger
    Handgun
    Twin Handgun

PA lvl
    Attack Tech lvl 30
    Support Tech lvl 40
    Skills Lvl 40
    Bullets Lvl 30

This would solve the problems...Master classes would be powerful, but would you want a fighmaster on your party when fighting De Rol Le...? A mastergunner when fighting Polavohras (at very high levels...)? How about a masterforce when fighting Jarbas?

The Acromaster, while able to do everything, wouldn't be able to max out anything (as far as master classes go). The lack of two handed weaponry would leave them at a disadvantage when fighting large enemies (multiple small enemies would be their forte). They would also have increased casting and fighting, but have moderately unspecialized and low stats (kind of like fusing a fortetecher with a protranser, but with the weapon selection of GT, AT, and AF combined). Oh, and they would be able to use all non-EX traps.

The Fighmaster would have very high ATP, moderately low ATA, High DFP, low EVA, and low everything else.
    25% off cost of skills.

The Mastergunner would have moderately high ATP, very high ATA, Low DFP, High EVA, Low MENT, High STA, and very low TP. They would also have access to all basic traps, damage-focused G traps and no EX Traps.
    25% off cost of bullets.

The Masterforce would have an inordinate TP and MENT, but moderate ATA, low ATP, low STA, VERY LOW DFP, and moderate EVA. Oh and 25% off all casting cost.

The acromaster, as described, had those stats, but would have no decreases to costs of use. Because of the multi-weapon system (two one-handed), they will need the most complex palletes. The Acromaster would be at once the easiest and hardest master class to play.

These are my thoughts.
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Bowser Troopa, Force Flex Poncho_Jr's Avatar

Master classes aren't going to be overpowered
    They're probably gonna do the same thing they did with the Fortes...
    For example:
    Sure they gave me more TP, MST, and EVP when I went Fortetecher from Force. BUT...
    They dropped my HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP. D:
    Do you know what will happen if I take another dip in HP and DFP!!!!
    I'd have only 1200HP and 90 Defense!!!
    So, it's only natural they do the same with the Master. If they did that, my stats would probably look like this...

Newman Male 110... Masterforce 10
    HP: 1206
    ATP: 412
    ATA: 201
    TP: 2467
    DFP: 91
    EVP: 1109
    MST: 1107

Again, I'm only speculating

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poncho_Jr on 2008-01-03 18:13 ]</font>

You know you wanna join.

I really don’t see the problem with that though. Isn’t that the magnitude of differences we’re talking about between the current classes (without stat increasing items) as it is? If that’s enough for a person to choose one class over another now, why won’t it be then?
    To be quite honest, the classes are too close for comfort as it is yes. But it just doesn't make sense to me to pidgeonhole them between classes considering their names all have 'master' in them and due to the already far too closeness of the classes.

But eh, whatever. We'll see what happens.

Edit, look down the page

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-03 21:32 ]</font>

Master of Classes

On 2008-01-03 18:44, Leahcim wrote:

FighMaster
    - Access to all Melee at S rank, accept Whips
    - Access to A rank Pistol and shadoog, maybe mechgun too.
    - PA caps: 40/10/0/0
    - All around stats averaged between Fortefighter and Figunner
    - No Speed Boost or PP Regen
    - Requirement lvl 15 Fortefighter and Figunner

GunMaster
    - Access to all Ranged at S rank, Accept Cards and Bows
    - Access to A rank single Saber and Dagger
    - PA caps: 10/40/0/0
    - All around stats averaged between Fortegunner and Guntecher
    - No Speed Boost or PP Regen, or any other A rank Weapons
    - Requirement lvl 15 ForteGunner and Guntecher

MasterForce
    - Access to all Tech at S rank, Including Whips, Cards and Bows
    - Access to A rank Single Saber, Pistol and Dagger
    - PA caps: 20/20/30/30 or... 10/10/40/40
    - All around stats averaged between Fortetecher and Wartecher
    - No Speed Boost or PP Regen
    - Requirement lvl 15 ForteTecher and Wartecher

New Idea to balance out the above

All Master Classes suffer from diminished speed with their weapons. Sega can do this, looking at Acro-Speed boosts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim
    on 2008-01-03 18:44 ]</font>
    you trying to kill master classes are you?

You trying to kill PSU are you?

On 2008-01-03 18:52, Leahcim wrote:
    You trying to kill PSU are you?
    You have anything besides your own opinion to prove that the master classes would kill PSU unless they're just like your ideas?
    JP PSU: Kaist lvl 178 FI 20/FM 20