Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a secret to beating him? I've beaten him twice, each time its been incredibly annoying. Takes about 45 minutes to kill him, and in 45 minutes he only gave me 2 opportunities to attack him. What do the switches do on the raft? Is there anyway to make the fight NOT last almost an hour each time?

I swear i'm going to make a 45 minute long video of me just standing still spamming resta waiting for him to jump up on the raft so I can hit him.

The switches move the raft to the left or right. Use your gun to pick him off when he is too far and use the raft to position it beside of him when he is to your left or right hovering just above the water. It is annoying at first but once you see what I mean you'll get it pretty easy.

The switches move the raft left and right; the ones on the left side move it left and the ones on the right move it right. You use them to get him within firing range. There will be times where he'll just be out of the range of even a rifle no matter where you move the raft, but there are many instances where the raft being in the wrong place will be what puts you out of firing range.

To put it simply, stand on a switch until he's lined up with the raft. Ideally, you should move the raft the minimum distance necessary so you don't get screwed out of an opportunity to melee should he decide to fake you out and touch water on the other side of the canal.

Does the raft move faster if you have more people on the switches?

Not that I've seen, but I'm almost always by myself so I can't say for sure. It does move fast enough with one person though, so long as you're quick to react.

On 2008-01-03 11:31, Achaiah191 wrote:
    Does the raft move faster if you have more people on the switches?
    Yes.

I play it often with friends and I don't notice much of a difference. So I also doubt it.

EDIT: Really? Guess I don't solo it enough to see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoV-Shana on 2008-01-03 11:55 ]</font>

Rifles are helpful and use powerful PA skills to add up damamge.. When he launches projectiles at you or drops boulders auto run helps.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

To answer the question of a speedier raft yes it does. The corner switches are the ones that speed up the raft (to its respective side of course). Then to get closer to it are all the other switches. Some freinds suggested to me cards do a good job of taking de rol le down. Gotta have good atp to do that though.

One trick that I don't know whether most people know about or not is that if you push the raft to either corner when De Rol Le goes underwater, he'll either immediately resurface or place his body on the raft for about 5 seconds doing nothing. It's a great oppertunity to get a couple combos from your melee weapons with no retaliation. (Not to mention it's much nicer than his circling around the raft constantly firing projectiles...)

The raft does seem to move faster and slower at times, but I'm not sure what controls this. I'd swear I've seen it move at different speeds solo.

But, yeah, it's completely random. Sometimes I can take him down in 5 minutes. Other times 20. It really depends on how often he gets far away from the raft.