Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I was thinking the other day how certain jobs seem predisposed to handle certain missions, better than others...and it got me thinking that other folks might have different (and better) ideas as to which job handles a missions challenges the 'best'.

And to qualify 'the best', I mean fast, and with fewer resources consumed, using equipment that many folks have access to. If you are banking on your 50% stormline to keep you safe from enemies in a certain area, or happen to have a 50% 11* weapon that makes fighting specific boss a joke, I don't want to hear it.

Example1: Plains overlord
    Fortefighter or Figunner

Sworded go varha's are the barrier to entry here. Even though there are safe spots, it's pretty easy for a force or gunner type to get caught in a awkward spawn and end up using a scape doll.

It would be definitively fF if it weren't for a few maps with shagrece, which Figunner just defeats then far more quickly.

The boss fight is a cake walk for many many jobs, but I'd hang my hat on jabroga or majarra. This boss fight can so so well you do not even get hit.

Example 2: Awoken Serpent

Wartecher, or Acrotecher

You want resta here - to many enemies throw highly damaging techs (including ones that burn), that non resta users gobble monomates like a fat kid eats cake. Also, since there are techs being tossed around, the higher MST of these jobs increases survival of the dreaded sworded vanda orgus dual fireball.

The boss fight would actually be better suited to a fortegunner, but unlike some boss fights, this tends to be difficult to avoid getting hit (and hit, and hit). Wartecher's bow is the best bet for range, followed by AT dual handguns. Cards can be used as a subsititute in a pinch. Once the boss lands the WT has the clear advantage for melee damage options.

anyway, those are my example - please feel free to disagree, or post your own here.

Grove of Fanatics: Fortegunner
    Killer shot's an easy win versus the robots that make up most of the level (fG's got an advantage with built-in bullet save for energy efficiency) ... after quickly spreading shock/confuse to shut down their offense. When newmen and the boss come along, Fortegunner has a big advantage over Guntecher with their higher PA cap. Chase 'em down and bushwhack them with some powerful skill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-01-04 12:54 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

For the Worm mission:

Actually, as an Acrotecher, the Dualies are nice and all, but they aren't the ATs best asset. You use the Dualies to damage it while it's hovering right behind the boat and all. However, if it gets close. You absolutely wreck house with a good Attack wand with a nice Foie spell and an accompanying Shadoog. And evil combination on the worm. If that worm gets close, the killer combo unleashes the ATs true impressive single-enemy damager considering most whips aren't that great on it.

However, to make use of this does help if you have a Quick equipped in your armor. It's a tough one to tell when you don't have something like Har/Quick. Depending on the behavior pattern of the Boss, the Acro might have the edge. I experimented with different ways to attack it with the Acrotecher, the Wand/Shadoog combo made me say,"OMG!" AT TP is strong. They can easily afford the TP drop that equipping the Har/Quick does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-04 12:58 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I'd still give Awoken Serpent to a fighter class, fighgunner or acrofighter if not fortefigther. Experience has shown me I can run the mission solo without going back for extra supplies, so while the mate usage is higher than most missions, it's not cripplingly so.

The boss fight, while deceptive in appearing to be gunner only, isn't anywhere near the frustration Dimma is. The fighter classes obviously win on damage when De Rol Le is in melee range and the ranger fighters can put up fine filler damage to compete with gunners when he's not. Even the handgun which fF is limited to isn't to be scoffed at; a level 20 Burning Hit backed by fF ATP hits for 660ish when the mask is still on and 720ish when it comes off.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

i'll post one most folks don't think about

Unsafe passage S2:

FT or AT

Why S2? Well, it's relatively easy to get decent %dark armor to defend against the Megids of lower level (55-60) deljabans, but as thier level rises, so does thier TP, and it takes only a single point of damage to get incapacitated.

What's needed is MST, and *lots* of it.
    Enter the FT, who has the most in game. Better still, there are no tech resistant enemies in this mission, and it is only 3 blocks. Great way to get oodles of frags (a run can be completed in 8-10 minutes, depending on spawns), not to mention the occaisional crea doubles. Take THAT labs!

AT is only mentioned as they can get good mileage out of regrants (they have more HP, lower TP), and can use a whip to take out the hoppy bel pannons.

Looking for opinions on Sakura blast, Mother brain, AMF (the 5 block mission), and White Beast

Crimson Beast
    Fighgunner or Acrofighter
    There are enemies like Vahras which are easily handled by a fighter, then there are birds and Jarbas, in which case ranged and traps may be the best thing to do. Fighgunner can use Twin pistols and Crossbows while Acrofighters can use cards and both have DoT traps. Everything else is easily handled with melee which FI and AF can do.

Sleeping Warriors
    Acrofighter
    Beat the crap out of the Badiras with Buten Shuren-zan, use the Slicers on Golmoros since they're annoying to melee, Hikai Shuha-zan on the big green dudes, and for Svaltuses, use Virus Traps and melee PA of your choice.

Dancing Birds
    Acrofighter
    Cards on the birds, melee everything else, when you fight big bird, own him with Spinning Strike.

Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Everything: Fortegunner.

The only areas where Fighgunner or Fortefighter could be better would have to be areas with no melee-resistant monsters, and a few bullet-resistant ones, like maybe Plains Overlord.
    But a difference of one minute is not worth going FF.

Fortegunner kills most bosses faster, too.

For Fighgunner to beat Fortefighter, you're gonna need a fair amount of melee-resistant monsters, like Lightning Beasts.

All other classes cannot really compete.

Finally made an account

On 2008-01-04 14:50, Shiroryuu wrote:
    Sleeping Warriors
    Acrofighter
    Beat the crap out of the Badiras with chikki and also use chikki on Golmoros since it owns, Rising Crush on the big green dudes, and for Svaltuses, use Virus Traps and run in circles until they're almost dead b/c its funny to kill them in one hit.
    Fix'd

Hill of Spores:
    Fortetecher hand down. I've can usually kill all 130 enemies in under 30 minutes. Ramegid 31+, Dammegid and Dambarta are all you really need. Without healing and a good light armor, those rappies are going to eat your Dimates/trimates like crazy.

White Beast:
    Acrotecher can mop the floor with this place. Dark whips are a must here.

Sakura Blast:
    Fortetecher, all you need is fire techs really, abuse all the hiding spots. There is also a spot to hide from the Komazlis barta in blk4.

Electronic brain:
    Fortefighter, there's only 4 types of enemies here, and slicers can handle most of them easily. Spears and Axes can dominate as well.

Grove/Desert Goliath/Endrum/Sacred Stream:
    Fortegunner wins easliy. Killer shot, shotguns and Grenades are all you need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-01-04 18:55 ]</font>
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

On 2008-01-04 15:00, Hrith wrote:
    Everything: Fortegunner.

The only areas where Fighgunner or Fortefighter could be better would have to be areas with no melee-resistant monsters, and a few bullet-resistant ones, like maybe Plains Overlord.
    But a difference of one minute is not worth going FF.

Fortegunner kills most bosses faster, too.

For Fighgunner to beat Fortefighter, you're gonna need a fair amount of melee-resistant monsters, like Lightning Beasts.

All other classes cannot really compete.
    I love this post so much for it's truth. Fortegunners are just sick for what they can do with their huge access to firearms but at least they have one downfall that most Fortegunners fall into: Their Lv. 40 Bullets that for some, take too long to level up.

Crossbow, Shotgun, Laser Cannon, Grenade Launcher, Rifle, Mechgun and Handgun all take a good deal of devotion to level but the rewards are certainly worth it.