Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's a reason it's called fantasy.

Next thing you know you'll be warning us about that devil music the kids call rock 'n' roll, and telling people to get off your lawn.

If you want people to think, try it with a subject that actually has substance. This topic is just silly :l
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

And whats wrong with wanting to roleplay a semi-insane serial killer with a bad case of bloodlust? Some people need to release those urges through a safe medium to stay within the generally accepted spectrum of 'normal'

there is no normal

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

On 2008-01-06 00:58, -Crokar- wrote:
    there is no normal
    Lets not get into that discussion, lots of semantics and opinions that can be argued for years over.

On 2008-01-05 22:58, PhotonDrop wrote:
    There's a reason it's called fantasy.

Next thing you know you'll be warning us about that devil music the kids call rock 'n' roll, and telling people to get off your lawn.

If you want people to think, try it with a subject that actually has substance. This topic is just silly :l
    Was never implying that it was bad, that is your preception working.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

We roleplay as murderers because we can't do it in our society. RPing gives us the freedom to do whatever we want; kill the people we hate, have sex with the people we want, have sex in ways we want, or just to be right in our opinions. So long as you don't carry it into your real life, I don't see any problem with it.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

FPS - you role play a person who shoots people
    fighting games - you roleplay beating the shit out of someone
    JRPG - you roleplay beating up great evils

super mario - you roleplay stomping on turtles heads

games arn't real - its just the challenge of shooting someone in the head thats fun, i don't think to myself wow i cant wait to nail someone between the eyes in real life!
    I'm straight, so what?

Yea yo! I be rp'ing thugz yo! Runnin' around, killin' ppl fo no reason cuz I be coo like dat yo! I be representin' cuz I be frum da hood my dawgz!

Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

If I got into Congress, I'd be bragging to the other doods about owning their asses in the last CoD8 match the night before. I think it comes down to.. "Who really fucking cares?". If you're embarassed about playing a dood who kills/mains/summons evil shit, then thats for you to deal with. I have no problem explaining to a co-worker my gaming habits, even of the more eccentric things I do in games.

Ya know why? Because its all for fun, no one gets hurt, and its downright humorous.

Sounds to me like you'd be ashamed to tell someone you went to see an R-rated movie and enjoyed it when the alien or whatever ripped apart someone in a really cool scene. I, on the other hand, revel in seeing awesomely violent shit happening, whether its in a movie or a video game(expecially if its a videogame and I'm taking part).

I'm the kind of guy that has plenty of tact, but I'm not going to be ashamed of enjoying violence(and a myriad of other things). Anyone who looks at me and says "He's been tainted by videogames and violence on TV", whatever, thats an easy cop-out. The reality is that this is America, we're allowed to see grotesque maiming, genocide, abominations of humanity, etc. It's my right to enjoy it, and it doesn't make me a bad person because I know when the TV, movies and videogames stop and reality begins.

That, is the key, and you either grasp it or you don't. Whether you enjoy seeing and doing such things in games, and you know to not do them in real life, or you see someone else enjoying them and you realise that as long as they know where the divide is, thats all that matters.
    Look, he did it again.

Uh, only a very few people can't tell between computer/console games and reality. Most of us would never even dream of putting the two things at an equal level. Playing does not a criminal make. All work and no play does