Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    that crazy guy yelling at a wall

On 2008-01-07 16:17, pikachief wrote:
    On 2008-01-07 09:48, kyle21 wrote:
    lol pikachief.

The advantage I see with the Legsless is when you already have a high % armor, say 30%+... You can easily get a 50%+ armor.

But that is another good point that the Guard will boost overall DFP but Legsless will only boost ele % for that armor. So Legsless would really be handy for Mother Brain and White Beasts and such... but with multi ele enemies it might be better to use the Guard. hmm..
    it was a joke i've never ever been able to suceed at an armor without it being stolen by the person who makes it for me, and i've never been able to aford a good armor. thus i could care less if i was wearing a 50% light armor to the hive.
    im sorry for you... but if you have an S rank armor i say get the guard if not wait for max attack and get the guard

orpad / guard is the human of defensive units
    good at everything, not the best at anything

neutral - guard
    one element run - legless
    two element run - legless / 2 armors
    three elements+ - guard - or be in the mood to bring multiple armors and switch a lot

On a somewhat related note, does anyone klnow if any of the Orpa units get a boost or there is some kind of effect or something when paired with an Orpa-Senba?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-07 21:26 ]</font>

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Resist units = teh suck.

When they release the unit that's like State / Maintenance in PSO = win.

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

Well..maybe some people want for magic defense(ele.per. helps that too ^-^)

Lol @ pika. Those were kinda nub comments if you ask me unless you've actually went out and tested these things.

I have had orpad guard and I did not see a big difference between that and no orpad guard at all. I was so disapointed by it that I sold my 2x orpad guards for overpriced prices (oh gee and you think 20 mil for a legsless rainbow is high, try 50 mil for orpad, feel sorry for nub who bought that from me) and just either had mega/rainbow on or resist unit back then. Even that and the mega rainbow wasn't a huge difference.

Now against neutral mobs, orpad has the edge, but it still don't help, esp if you are a glass cannon FT. Still get wtfpwned. If you are neutral armor user, orpad is god.

Now legsless/rainbow. I came across one of these and I have to say I love it. Who the hell is gonna be nub and equip fire armor when mob is ice and take all the dmg for example? What a nub? I guess you'er right, but thats their own stupidity. People know how to switch armor you know so they don't take the additional dmg. While I cannot take in account specific and accurate dmg differences, I will say I see a difference as my FT went from taking hits from the mobs that can cause sleep on ya with her 44% light hiragi to 0 with it on. I can do tech leveling on LL S/S2 at ease since I have 68% ele dfp and the mobs do zippity to me. Yup, I'm sure orpad/guard gonna whoop azz there.

The -50 evp does wonders like others have mentioned. I'm not trying to be a evasion whore unless its on my newman AF/AT. You want evp decrease? This is the best way to do it for now.

Oh and guard is a s rank unit. Why the hell am I'm gonna use that with a 26% s rank armor when I have 50% a rank armor for example? Thus this makes that and the legsless/rainbow better than the guard considering you have the right elemental armor for that mission. What? You say the orpad + 26% s rank armor would be better? Lmao, don't make me laugh. Yeah, I'm still one of those ele % believers so call me what you want, but hey, something that gives me -50 evp? I will sure as hell take anytime, anyday.

Anyways, my point was stop being nub and go out and try these things first before assumin stuff b/c you make yourself look stupid when you post. When the rest of the s rank units come out, I'll start using s rank armor full time, but other than that, A rank for now because what is the point of s rank armor again? Cast will have great use for it once that s rank suv comes though. So for now, I say legsless rainbow is better which is MY opinion.
    Finae - 150/20 Cast F FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/WT/FM
    Iris - 150/20 Newman F FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/WT/FT
    Shu - 150/20 Beast M FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/FM
    Astra - 120/20 Human F AF/AT

yea they were purposely nub comments

On 2008-01-07 21:48, AlphaDragoon wrote:
    Resist units = teh suck.

When they release the unit that's like State / Maintenance in PSO = win.
    also there is a unit called Cati / maintenance. im sure it the exact same thing. Protects against all status effects. its 9* i beleive... i could be wrong though
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

On 2008-01-07 21:25, AC9breaker wrote:
    On a somewhat related note, does anyone klnow if any of the Orpa units get a boost or there is some kind of effect or something when paired with an Orpa-Senba?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-07 21:26 ]</font>
    i dont think units work that way. sori tech charge doesn't get a boost with sori senba, nor HPC with hard line, or so on. orpa just signifies that the item is 10*, cati for 9*, sori/solid for 8*, har/hard for 7*, and so on.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

here's and idea, they work on techs too. Megids resist is not out yet.