Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On 2008-01-08 00:14, biggabertha wrote:
    Masei-Sou is the second longbow neutral element bullet from the PA exchange. It has a stun effect built into it's non-elemental bullet that I think is fixed at Stun Lv. 2 throughout it's levels. It's two drawbacks before the expansion update was that it had shorter range (about the same as a handgun or less) and it has a slower rate of fire than normal longbow bullets. I'm not sure on it's PP cost per bullet though.
    Masei-sou is too slow. Too damn slow to be useful.

At level 1 it is stun level 1, goes to level 2 stun at level 11 and stays at level 2 through 21.

At level 1 it has 111% atp and 33% acc compared to 141% and 53% for Ensei-sou, 151% and 62% for Chosei-sou, and 126% and 53% for Reisei-sou.

You can fire one Masei-sou bullet in the time you can fire 3 Ensei-sou bullets (this would be able 4~5 rifle shots BTW). It has the range of a handgun.

This is a PA that will get you killed. With the 33% acc at level 1, even a level 110 guntecher 15 neuman male with a solid hit misses with half the shots. I could get forgive it for it's horrible accuracy, horrible range, and horrible power if it wasn't for the fact that it planted you in one sport for over a second where you can do nothing but look at the trees and the surrounding scenery.

Seriously. The knockdown is not that usefully when you are netting goose eggs for the first 20 levels of the bullet (at level 20 it was up to 51 or 52% acc, I can't remember which is good enough for a guntecher, but sucks for a fortetecher or protranser). I got so frustrated with it I just stopped using it.

Maybe someone with more patience than me will level it up to 40 and let me know if it actually becomes useful.

If it's like most bullets with a 1% increase per level and a jump of 6% from 30 to 31, the final stats should be 165% att 71% acc which is good enough, but the trudge to get to 40 would be horrible. Lots of Plains Overloard while standing in the safe spots with a large amount of bows.

Chosei-sou is 100x better. It is slower than a normal bow bullet (about 1.5~2 Ensei-sou shots per Chosei-sou shot), but you are still mobile. After the shot is over, you aren't planted in place, you just can't fire again until the recoil period is up. Also chosei-sou gains 2% power per level from 31~40. So it's final stats are 210% and 120% acc. I personally have not leveled Chosei-sou since I have all elemental bullets, but if you were to have only one bow bullet, this would be the one to get.

If you have all of the elemental bullets leveled, there isn't really a reason to get chosei-sou. Masei-sou, again would be nice to have if it wasn't so damn slow to use. Might as well level up your freeze, shock, silence, and confuse bows in the same amount of time as it would take you to just level up Masei-sou for the level 2 stun.

On 2008-01-10 12:03, desturel wrote:

Masei-sou is too slow. Too damn slow to be useful.

If you have all of the elemental bullets leveled, there isn't really a reason to get chosei-sou. Masei-sou, again would be nice to have if it wasn't so damn slow to use. Might as well level up your freeze, shock, silence, and confuse bows in the same amount of time as it would take you to just level up Masei-sou for the level 2 stun.
    Are your experiences pre or post AoI? I read somewhere that the firing rates were sped up, for chousei-sou at least, in AoI.
    Is there some place where the AoI bullet stats are listed? psupedia is pretty out of date.