Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silence stops the damfoie. For shorez.

well it did at some point.

in the past

when i fought vandas and used silence

but now i don't fight teh vandas. because they are jerks. if i could i'd totally lower their reputation.

What? Tell that to the last Vanda I tagged with Silence... it just backed up and did nothing while I walked in. No diga or damfoie or anything. Any other time it would torch me with a tick or two of flamethrower before Rising Strike launched it.

Maybe XBox is different from PC? When was the last time you used silence? I think it got a pretty significant ninja buff a while ago when ST noticed that it was just about useless vs confuse.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I'm on Xbox and generally, unless it's a true wizard-type creature (like those in Hive or the new Parum Scarred missions), or one of those new Neudiaz Tech casters (the ones that look like undersea animals (seahorse?)), silence has been pretty useless on them, so confuse was needed, instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-08 08:53 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Ok. If you're right about the PC version, then I got recent clarification that yes. Silence does indeed not stop the Vanda from doing thier flames in the Xbox version, nor does it do anything to Deljabans either.

Looks like this was a change that only affected the PC/PS2 versions but was never changed on the 360 side of things.

I just started up a VoC S2, walked up to a vanda mehra, hit him with se3 silence on my xbow and he did not spit fire or throw rocks. The moment the silence wore off, he spit fire.

You might be right about deljabans, at least the ones in Electronic Brain - I think I saw one of them throw megid despite being silenced. You could always doublecheck for us, though, since you were wrong once already. I wonder if PSU vanilla delj's and AOI delj's behave differently on this, though.

oh yeah, this is on 360

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-01-09 11:25 ]</font>

I can personally vouch for the power of Boma Duranga. Against multi-target large enemies and clustered normal enemies in small spaces, the damage is ridiculous. You can pick up Boma Duranga at level 70, head into Electronic Brain S and expect to brutalize level 120 seed-ardites. You'll get the killing blows on those big guys nearly every time.

On 2008-01-09 11:24, chu-chu-chu wrote:
    I just started up a VoC S2, walked up to a vanda mehra, hit him with se3 silence on my xbow and he did not spit fire or throw rocks. The moment the silence wore off, he spit fire.

You might be right about deljabans, at least the ones in Electronic Brain - I think I saw one of them throw megid despite being silenced. You could always doublecheck for us, though, since you were wrong once already. I wonder if PSU vanilla delj's and AOI delj's behave differently on this, though.

oh yeah, this is on 360
    Well, I got that from word of mouth. I didn't exactly get enough time to test that myself, last night. (Kind of felt sick during gaming and had to cut out)

Granted, most of my tests were from pre-AOI and I do want to give a full retest on all of the specific creatures it works on, and what attacks it does indeed stop. It's very inconsistent as to which ones can actually be silenced, for what. Inconsistent enough that a true 360 guide needs to be written, on this subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-09 12:19 ]</font>

I've always used just silence, since I had all my C-rank gun skills leveled before Dark and Light came along. There was definitely a significant ninja buff to Silence SE along the way, it's well worth checking out.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

My Silence bullets were among the first bullets I leveled, actually. It wont take long to test out the post-AOI release status of them. They were my first or 2nd bullet to ever reach 30. They were my 2nd non-crossbow bullet to 31. (Crossbow got its lightning to 31 and beyond quick, thanks to the much higher speed of levelling of 3 bullet shots)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-09 12:45 ]</font>

Twin Mayalee is good for cancelling high level deband on monsters. Killer Shot is a must have (fortegunner). Yak Zagenga is good, but crossbows are a real pain to level. Can't say much about the rest.